Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Intro and maybe first Vette

Rat Race

Good morning all, and thanks for having me aboard. Im new to Vettes, had a 99 SS Camaro vert a few years ago, now Im thinkin I dont need a back seat so all of a sudden a Vette comes into the picture.

I think these cars are beautiful, like I said never really an interest other than looking, but started pricing them and reading up about them, pretty much everywhere I could find on the net.

I considered an 06 but the dealer has an 05 with 6000 miles, and I think every option for 05, except colored roof, has dark plastic roof. XM, Z51, int package, rims, and extra cost paint.

Checked car and is just like new, not a scratch.

Dealer said the owner turned it in for a new ZO6, and took the hit. He wants $45,000 for car, Im thinkin its a good price, but his first price.

Just wondering what you guys think, fair price? Id like to pay $43,500 for this car, (or less of course) but is that realistic?

Thanks and hopefully if this deal works out Ill be a regular here.

Oh PS, 49 YO, 5 kids , 1 grandchild, wife left me, but not divorced. Drove practicalmobiles all adult life, Camaro was special but gave it back when kids started asking to drive it. Now Im on my own and have a 4WD so impractical is OK

Good to meet you all!

Welcome aboard Rat Race!! Always nice to have a fellow "New Joysian" here. I think we're taking over!!!

I don't know much about the pricing of C6's but if you go to kbb.com (Kelly Blue Book), that should give you a good idea of what the car is worth, and what you could pay for it. IMHO, I don't think 43,500 is too far off base. Throw it out there and see what they say.

Good luck and keep us posted!!

Chris

Rat Race said:
Good morning all, and thanks for having me aboard. Im new to Vettes, had a 99 SS Camaro vert a few years ago, now Im thinkin I dont need a back seat so all of a sudden a Vette comes into the picture.

I think these cars are beautiful, like I said never really an interest other than looking, but started pricing them and reading up about them, pretty much everywhere I could find on the net.

I considered an 06 but the dealer has an 05 with 6000 miles, and I think every option for 05, except colored roof, has dark plastic roof. XM, Z51, int package, rims, and extra cost paint.

Checked car and is just like new, not a scratch.

Dealer said the owner turned it in for a new ZO6, and took the hit. He wants $45,000 for car, Im thinkin its a good price, but his first price.

Just wondering what you guys think, fair price? Id like to pay $43,500 for this car, (or less of course) but is that realistic?

Thanks and hopefully if this deal works out Ill be a regular here.

Oh PS, 49 YO, 5 kids , 1 grandchild, wife left me, but not divorced. Drove practicalmobiles all adult life, Camaro was special but gave it back when kids started asking to drive it. Now Im on my own and have a 4WD so impractical is OK

Good to meet you all!

Welcome to the :CAC

P.S. We also need a little more information on you, please give us, Bank account numbers and SS # :D

And if the deal doesn't work out, hang around anyway!! We think you'll like it here!:)

Elaine

Welcome!

I am very happy with the transparent top only (and everything else) on my 05.

Just do the normal homework on CarFax, etc. Check the VIN range, etc etc. There still may be some good deals on brand new 05s, around that price 45-46k that have hardly any miles at all (non-Z51 of course). Check around. You may be able to get a new one for MSRP, or even under.

If you can get that car for 43.5, that seems like a pretty good deal (just for the Z51). What he is asking for seems fair, but check KBB for sure. Good luck!

Ok Im going to check there (KBB) now. I have been thinking about this car for about 2 weeks now, and Im just about ready to commit. Just wanted to check around (350 Z, Shelby Mustang) thats about the only other same range sports car I can think of. The Vette has got it hands down, its just too cool. Cant forget 400 HP!

A little more homework and if the cars still there, Ill have a smiley with a smile in my next post.

Who else here from Joisey?

Rat Race, welcome to the CAC.
If you could get it at 43,5, that would be a DARN good deal. I would definitely push for that. Go in armed with : 1) a casual take-it-or-leave-it attitude and 2) facts and figures that there are defintiely gremlins in the 05's, and enhancements in the 06 (paddle shifter, etc), that are making you really lean toward an 06 unless just the right deal came along.

Love that term "practicalmobiles". Drove those all my life until 02 ;)

Tammy

Welcome to the Forum. :w

$43.5K sounds like a good deal to me. The C6 feel so comfortable! My neighbor sat in one a few weeks ago at an auto show and I think he got the syndrome for the C6. He has a C3 right now along with a '69 SS but the modern amenities may have him convinced. He especially likes the feel of the 6 speed shifter on the C6. :L

Welcome Rat Race. I bought a used 2005 coupe about a month ago with the same options (or maybe even more) that you listed. Mine had 9,000 mile on the clock and I paid $42,500. I had been waiting for months for the 2006's to come out knowing that the prices of the used 2005's would drop. If you really play hardball with them I am sure you can also get the one you are looking at for a good price. Keep us informed on how it goes.

Rat Race said:
Ok Im going to check there (KBB) now. I have been thinking about this car for about 2 weeks now, and Im just about ready to commit. Just wanted to check around (350 Z, Shelby Mustang) thats about the only other same range sports car I can think of. The Vette has got it hands down, its just too cool. Cant forget 400 HP!

A little more homework and if the cars still there, Ill have a smiley with a smile in my next post.

Who else here from Joisey?

Welcome! Just across the river!

Rat Race, let us know what they came up with. Good luck getting a great price.

YEEHAA. made the deal Saturday for 43750. I went up 250, am putting $20,000 down, $1375 deposit on my Amex card, and borrowing 25K for 6.25%, for 48 months, about $580 a month. I guess no Xmas presents for the kids this year!

Car is outragous- Like I said 05, whatever that package is for interior (perforated leather, memory, all those do dads) transparent roof, six speed, Z51, polished rims, XM radio, extra cost paint, (Magnetic red ) Cashmere interior, and I forget what else or maybe thats it. Thats enough!!! What a slick ride- who dosent like vettes but never thought Id own one! Never got tired of my 99 SS Camaro vert, and dont think ill ever tire of this- Its just too freakin cool.

Only thing Im doing to it is putting those little mesh grills on the side ducts and rear thing. And waxing the hell out of it!

So thanks for letting me join the ranks of you Corvetters. I live in Jersey, you can find some roads to wind this thing out but theres some great roads in upstate NY so when the snow melts thats where ill be headed.

Asked the dealer about the battery going dead and to do a Carfax he said no reports on any complaints he that that happens when the car isnt put to sleep in reverse. Guess Ill have to wait and see...

I must be nuts. I have a 72 SS396 Camaro, totally rotissaried and is awaiting a good paint job, a 71 383 Stroker Camaro that I made into a nostalgia Gasser, with velocity stacks thru the hood and spoke front rims, flat black with Moon and surf stuff on it, a 67 Mustang coupe I got for 200 bucks and just restored it so I could drive it every day, and a 68 Mustang convertable that I am making into a 67 Shelby vert clone. And now this. Well Im doin my part to keep the General alive. I gotta be nuts...

So the kids won't be getting Christmas gifts until 2009?:L:L:L

Don't get me wrong, the Camaro is great car in it's own way but the Corvette seems to be on the next level.

I just hope that the weather still permits you to get some driving time in before the spring.

Gratz Rat Race!, Oh you gotta give the Kids something.... lol I know you were j/k, and I also know you will have a total blast. Enjoy! Pics?

Congrat Rat Race. I owned a couple of Camaros in the past, and may own one again, but nothing like a Vette. ENJOY

Congratulations. The mag red even sweetens the deal.

Tammy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom