Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Introducing my new baby!

Sooooooo....

Didja getter? Didja, didja, didja, huh?
Not that I'm excited for you or anything...

Barb :w

Re: Sooooooo....

BBB454 said:
Didja getter? Didja, didja, didja, huh?
Not that I'm excited for you or anything...

Yep.. She's now parked in her spot of glory in the garage. Getting her home was a bit of a trick however. The speedo doesn't work but I figured I could use the tach (the second tach!!) to base my speed and use this as a guide. Well after 5 mins of driving the tach goes out. (Loose wires) Fortunately I had someone following me so I had them pass and hold a steady 70 on the interstate and paced off of them...

She has a bit of play in the rag joint of the steering that need immediate attention but no overheating and overall she drove fine.

Now I have to go out of town for three days! :( Who's going to take care of my baby while I'm gone :)

I'll post some more pics of her on Friday when I get back!!!

Sean

Re: Re: Sooooooo....

sdotson said:

Now I have to go out of town for three days! :( Who's going to take care of my baby while I'm gone :)

I'll post some more pics of her on Friday when I get back!!!

Sean

Darn, I wish I lived by you, I'd babysit!

Can't wait to see more pics!!

Sean,

Here is a photo of a "72 Warbonnet Yellow" I found this right here at CACC. Rob setup a Corvette Image Archive. A collectiion by year with spec.. just click HERE to see the photo and specs.. ;) The only Warbonnet Yellow I saw was a '72 coupe, but it will give you an idea of what your baby would look like.

BudD
:w

Rare81 said:
Sean,

Here is a photo of a "72 Warbonnet Yellow".... (snip) The only Warbonnet Yellow I saw was a '72 coupe, but it will give you an idea of what your baby would look like.

Thanks!!! That's her! I like the black accent on the hood however. I'm going to play around with photoshop and shee what it looks like with the black stripe running the length of the midline of the car.

So now to another question. I know the paint job I want will cost some $$$. I am really disliking the purple more and more.

So do I get a "temp" 1-2 year Macco or Earl Schibe paint job and strip her in 1-2 years and get the real paint job or do I wait and grit my teeth at the purple for 1-2 more years and go for the real job?

Sean, I'd wait for the "real" paint job. Concentrate on other things and wait till you settle on the right color, shade and overall cost. That's what I'm doing. The bad thing about it is, is that car companies are always coming out with a new color that looks boss. I still can't make up my mind. Of course, a color change is a while off for me, so I should decide by then.--Bullitt

New Vette

Sean, Welcome to the Wonderful World of CORVETTES:upthumbs
As for that smile, you could have a plastic surgeon fix it, but why?
You have in your possession, America's greatest sports car, and most of us just "live" with the wrinkles in our laugh lines, not to mention the "wind burn" look you'll soon be discovering.

FYI - I agree with Bullit about paying attention to other minor fixes before painting, but if your set in changing the color, go ahead and have some fun. Living in Florida, your lucky enough to drive all year, so I can appreciate your wanting the car to look as good as it can, as soon as it can :cool

I had my Vette painted this summer, and hang on people, by Macco. Yes, that's right, Macco. I just couldn't come to terms with any other body shops around my area, but more importanly - MY WIFE. Most shops wanted 5 grand plus...:eek I only payed 7 grand for the car, so a $5000.00 paint job was out of the question.

Enter Macco, They have different pricing levels, I choose the high end, with minor body work, and a "Pearlized" paint, got it all done for $1800.00 and they only had the car for 10 days.
Now, keep in mind, Macco doesn't do SHOW QUALITY work,
(under the hood, wheels wells, door jams etc..) but after getting my car back,
I CAN HONESTLY SAY, THEY DID AN EXECELLENT JOB. :beer
and my car has NEVER looked better.

In closing, IF the time comes I want to paint again, I'm going right back to Macco, and spend the difference on other VETTE ITEMS. :L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom