Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Iridium spark plugs

What next . . . Uranium spark plugs? Plutonium plugs? Shoot, platinum plugs last 100,000 miles and work great. What are they claiming now?

PS: The best plugs going are platinums made by Denso...if you can find them! If not, AC Rapid Fire plugs are excellent.

Larry, I agree with Page; why bother. The Platinum plugs likely have some iridium in it as it's used to harded the platinum during processing. I love the AC Rapid Fire plugs too. Save the $$ for something else. (Next thing you know it'll be Dilithium Crystals!!) Beam me up Captain.

Later............... Nut

Denso plugs are great for table talk but IMO they're a waste of money. They do nothing and in severe cases of detonation they are in fact so tough it could ruin your engine. W/ ordinary plugs the temps would burn the plug so it would seize to function, with the iridium or platinum plugs it will simply keep on firing. Then again, if you have to rely on spark plugs giving up to save an engine from detonation... you get the idea :)

I run Champions, they work fine for me. Regular AC R45TS work great too.

Hey Derek, a go kart eh?

Here it still has the old Honda EVOII 360 4 stroke
kart6.jpg

kart9.jpg

And here the Hirth 725cc 2 stroke w/ 2 Bing carbs & dual exhaust cranking out around 125Hp :) :)
hirth2carb.jpg

Marck

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom