Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Is Anyone Else Frustrated With The New "Tapatalk" Mobile App for This Forum?

Lakeside49

Corvette
1982 Red Coupe
I've thrown in the towel. And, I know it's not must me because Apple doesn't even render the Corvette Action Center via Tapatalk anymore when searching for C3 Apps like they originally did. Users have given it a solid... "1" out of 5 stars. And, I can see why - there's not way to easily scan this helpful forum for C3-only posts unless you go straight to the Corvette Action Center and bypass the Tapatalk app on my iPhone, altogether. It used to work fine. Normally, I'm a technology junkie, but either I'm missing something, which wouldn't be the first or last time, or they designed it by a well-intentioned, but doomed "committee". Has anyone else who uses a smartphone cracked the code for Tapatalk on this fine forum?

I use mine regularly with this forum.... Prior to the current update,Tapatalk was a headache to say the least,however, now it has worked very well.
PS I have a droid maxx.

?

I use mine regularly with this forum.... Prior to the current update,Tapatalk was a headache to say the least,however, now it has worked very well.
PS I have a droid maxx.

Um, you are the site sponsor/moderator, right? Not that I don't respect your opinion as being unbiased as an owner or employee or appreciated volunteer. It probably has some good moderator support functionality. But, IMHO it is challenging for a mere mortal iPhone user to navigate to C3-only posts which is all I care about contributing to or reading. I reloaded it from the iTunes store once, hoping it would help. Unfortunately, I finally had to throw in the towel and delete it. As a friendly suggestion, your team may want to check out your site statistics and see if you're noticing a drop-off drop-off in Tapatalk sourced hits. If so, cut your losses and send Tapatalk back to the drawing board because I thought it functioned fine before... as a fairly loyal user, and contributor where I could. :)

Lakeside, I doubt Bill is touting Tapatalk because he is a Moderator, or that moderators get "moderator support functionality", because if we do, I'm unaware of it.

That being said, I really never liked Tapatalk, tried it on my Android after Bill and I talked about it at "Cruisefest". I could never get it to work for me. I've downloaded it from Itunes on my Ipad, I didn't like it there either. I've deleted it off both devices. I just don't use it on my phone and on my Ipad I just access it through Safari.

I think Bill has adjusted to using it, as does Rob (the owner of this site).

Lakeside49, all of the admins and moderators are volunteers. The CAC itself is one of very few enthusiast websites that is not owned by a media corporation. It is owned by Rob who started the CAC as a class project years ago and built it into a thriving community of folks who love Corvettes!

As volunteers, we get nothing from Tapatalk (directly or indirectly) and, as far as I know, none of the staff have ties to Tapatalk. Unless I'm mistaken, Tapatalk provides an interface tailored to small screen for forums but it is it's own app that has nothing to do with the CAC. Tapatalk does not reside on our servers. When you sign in through Tapatalk, the app reformats the forums to their interface with content scraped from the CAC.

I have an iPhone 5 and I rarely use Tapatalk as I find it far less convenient than a normal computer & browser. During their most recent update, Tapatalk did become less intuitive to use (never a good thing) and I am even less likely to use it than before.

Mac

Lakeside49, all of the admins and moderators are volunteers. The CAC itself is one of very few enthusiast websites that is not owned by a media corporation. It is owned by Rob who started the CAC as a class project years ago and built it into a thriving community of folks who love Corvettes!

As volunteers, we get nothing from Tapatalk (directly or indirectly) and, as far as I know, none of the staff have ties to Tapatalk. Unless I'm mistaken, Tapatalk provides an interface tailored to small screen for forums but it is it's own app that has nothing to do with the CAC. Tapatalk does not reside on our servers. When you sign in through Tapatalk, the app reformats the forums to their interface with content scraped from the CAC.

I have an iPhone 5 and I rarely use Tapatalk as I find it far less convenient than a normal computer & browser. During their most recent update, Tapatalk did become less intuitive to use (never a good thing) and I am even less likely to use it than before.

Mac

Appreciated the detailed clarification from you guys. A class project, eh? Sweet result!!
I did not diss the Tapatalk until thoroughly trying to figure it out and failed. And, the reason I thought it was closer to this site is because you cannot log into the Corvette Action Center site without an inhibitor screen that asks you to download the app, hence I figured the more integrated connection. Either way, it is awful (and, I've led the development of websites so I know how intuitive they must be - this app, which the fine Corvette Action Center is associated with whether it is liked or not, seemed to miss the mark and drags down the usability of the site. Again, don't just go on one person's opinion - take a look at the metrics - I'll bet they're dropped off noticeably which impacts all of us.
Thanks for the prompt and quality response.

Hmmmm... That is the first I've heard of Tapatalk download being prompted for sign-in...

I went through Safari on my iPhone to the CAC forums. I did get prompted but I opened another tab and was able to negotiate the forums without downloading (or in my case activating) Tapatalk.

Mac

I will check to see if I can get it to work in an I pad or I phone(I think my son has one)
next time I see him.
I did take a little doing but I Have manged to use the tapatalk app quite successfully.
sorry to hear it doesn't work for you,It is as Mac suggested more "involved' to make it work on a phone or tablet.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom