Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Is anyone else having problems with OnStar?

Fitz

Corvette
2015 Velocity Yellow Z06/Z07 Coupe
Just got off the GM tech line. My 2015 Z06 has an inoperative Navigation system, the Performance Data Recorder does not work, OnStar is stuck in the "demonstration" mode and keeps turning off the HUD. The dealer tells me it's a bad OnStar module and it is on back order with no delivery date. Just curious if anyone else is having a similar problem with the 2015 version of the electronics in their Corvette.

ONSTAR Module Issue

Just got off the GM tech line. My 2015 Z06 has an inoperative Navigation system, the Performance Data Recorder does not work, OnStar is stuck in the "demonstration" mode and keeps turning off the HUD. The dealer tells me it's a bad OnStar module and it is on back order with no delivery date. Just curious if anyone else is having a similar problem with the 2015

(Quote-Colorado) NCM delivery on Dec 15. ONSTAR module defective on delivery. My dealer diagnosed the issue and module is on back order. There was a batch of bad modules as Colorado pickups are also having the same problem. Called Chevrolet customer service today to get help expediting module. They can only work through the dealer. I would like to get a time frame for resolution. Museum was not aware of the issue until I notified them. Your comment was the first I found.

Just got off the GM tech line. My 2015 Z06 has an inoperative Navigation system, the Performance Data Recorder does not work, OnStar is stuck in the "demonstration" mode and keeps turning off the HUD. The dealer tells me it's a bad OnStar module and it is on back order with no delivery date. Just curious if anyone else is having a similar problem with the 2015

(Quote-Colorado) NCM delivery on Dec 15. ONSTAR module defective on delivery. My dealer diagnosed the issue and module is on back order. There was a batch of bad modules as Colorado pickups are also having the same problem. Called Chevrolet customer service today to get help expediting module. They can only work through the dealer. I would like to get a time frame for resolution. Museum was not aware of the issue until I notified them. Your comment was the first I found.

The factory was aware of the bad modules and shipped the car anyway. I heard yesterday that the replacements will become available "at the end of the month". Looks like the supplier of that module built an entire production run of bad parts.

The factory was aware of the bad modules and shipped the car anyway. I heard yesterday that the replacements will become available "at the end of the month". Looks like the supplier of that module built an entire production run of bad parts.

Just went by the aler to pick up a copy of my window sticker an got word, the new OnStar module is in. They will install on Monday.:happyanim:Now let's see if it actually does fix the PDR and Nav as they claim it will. Personally, I'm not betting on it.

Last edited:
HI there,

Yes, but this is NOT only on Corvette. Generation 10 modules have been problematic at times across the GM line.

Thank the Vendor for this one. Some modules have an issue, some do not.

As for the rest, remember, PDR, ONSTAR, NAV and all the modules work on the MOST communications line and it can most definately affect all types of modules as you have described.

Allthebest, Paul

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom