Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Is anyone familiar with this car?

jonstr

It's available at Corvette Mike in Anaheim, CA. It's been for sale there for quite a while. I have put in a request for price, but the sales rep has not gotten back to me yet.

197_01.jpg

The wheels are hideous (on this car at least, I like them on a C5), but the rest of the car looks pretty good, from what little I can tell. I stopped by and looked at it while I was in LA last week. If anyone knows any history of this one, I'd love to hear it.

http://www.corvettemike.com/showroom/?cf=197

FYI, they also have a CR-1 there as well. The rep said it was the prototype car, and it looks like it had seen some rough times.

Thanks in advance.

Yes it is and they still want $50k for that CR-1...

I haven't seen the one you are looking at though, sorry

They are asking 69k for that b2k I believe. That car has been around and used to have some wheels that made those Z06's look like pure gold!

I was offered that exact car back in 2000 from the dealer who had it then, for $69k. I asked why the dealer literature that was currently out, said $59k and was given an interesting (but not approriate) comment - needless to say, I walked :eyerole

It was a very clean car the last time I saw it - a Series 500 car, it was one of the last B2K's made.

Needs the OZ Wheels though to be right :cool

Here is a picture of it from before...

(I hope this helps)

100_2919.jpg

100_2910.jpg

Thanks for the info. The car looks good, very clean and the miles were around 7000. I guess the wheels on it are moderately better than what Chris' photos show, but they do need to be changed. I have some general questions that maybe you folks can help with also as I am getting more serious about picking up a car (and there isn't a Speedster in sight...).

I didn't like the color in the photos as much as I did in person. I does look good, but is there anyway to know if that is the "correct" color? It doesn't look like a factory 1991 color to me. Were the B2Ks generally delivered in the original color, or did the colors get changed frequently? This one has the aerobody, so I suppose a color change would have been easy at the time.

Chris - you said the Oz wheels were needed to be "right". Is that what they came with from Callaway, or was it the Dymag? Are the Oz wheels available? If Oz, any photos of the Oz wheel that should be on the car?

Thanks for the info. The car looks good, very clean and the miles were around 7000. I guess the wheels on it are moderately better than what Chris' photos show, but they do need to be changed. I have some general questions that maybe you folks can help with also as I am getting more serious about picking up a car (and there isn't a Speedster in sight...).

I didn't like the color in the photos as much as I did in person. I does look good, but is there anyway to know if that is the "correct" color? It doesn't look like a factory 1991 color to me. Were the B2Ks generally delivered in the original color, or did the colors get changed frequently? This one has the aerobody, so I suppose a color change would have been easy at the time.

Chris - you said the Oz wheels were needed to be "right". Is that what they came with from Callaway, or was it the Dymag? Are the Oz wheels available? If Oz, any photos of the Oz wheel that should be on the car?

Jonstr, code 75, Dark Red Metallic is what that car looks like and was a factory color. Many of the Series 500 cars (many is relative here, as there were only a handful) were indeed custom painted - I can think of a couple right off hand...

The wheels I have seen on other Series 500 cars were these OZ's

image2.jpg

Jonstr, code 75, Dark Red Metallic is what that car looks like and was a factory color. Many of the Series 500 cars (many is relative here, as there were only a handful) were indeed custom painted - I can think of a couple right off hand...

Thanks again. I thought about that Dark Red Metallic paint, and I can't say for sure I have ever seen that color, but I pictured it, well - darker, redder, and more metalic than this car was. I'm in LA again next week, I'll try and get over there and check the paint code.

Thanks again. I thought about that Dark Red Metallic paint, and I can't say for sure I have ever seen that color, but I pictured it, well - darker, redder, and more metalic than this car was. I'm in LA again next week, I'll try and get over there and check the paint code.

Good deal - glad it helps :beer

Here is a regular 1991 (below the Callaway) to get some degree of comparison:
100_2910.jpg

DarkRedMetallic%201991%20Corvette.JPG

I really like the color. Unfortunately, I've had problems at home when owning 2 of the same car but I have a few things I am considering at the moment.

-Luigi
:cool

I really like the color. Unfortunately, I've had problems at home when owning 2 of the same car but I have a few things I am considering at the moment.

-Luigi
:cool

OK, so if I buy this one, want to talk trade? :D I would love to find one the same color as yours...

Luigi might want a little cash to boot since his motor aint no stocker :D :D That thing is baaaaad.

Forgot to ask - Is it possible to contact Callaway Cars with a VIN and get whatever info they have on a car? Is there a contact there I can talk to?

Thanks again.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom