Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Is GM going to give the C7 more power

93Slick

The Stingray, Grand Sport, and Z06 has been sitting at 460hp, 650hp for 4 years now and the ZR1 will soon be eclipsed as well. With it's Competitors like Porsche and other exotics putting out more power each year when will GM do the same. Or is GM stubborn or just lazy?

The Stingray, Grand Sport, and Z06 has been sitting at 460hp, 650hp for 4 years now and the ZR1 will soon be eclipsed as well. With it's Competitors like Porsche and other exotics putting out more power each year when will GM do the same. Or is GM stubborn or just lazy?

GM is stubborn but hardly lazy. Corvette horsepower meets or surpasses everything in it's demographic.

Horsepower and torque have surpassed road, track and more importantly driver ability. How much more could you possibly use?

GM is stubborn but hardly lazy. Corvette horsepower meets or surpasses everything in it's demographic.

Horsepower and torque have surpassed road, track and more importantly driver ability. How much more could you possibly use?

Surely 30 more HP couldn't hurt. The Grand Sport should have had at least 525-550 when it came out to set a medium between the Stingray and Z06.

Surely 30 more HP couldn't hurt. The Grand Sport should have had at least 525-550 when it came out to set a medium between the Stingray and Z06.

Why should it have had those numbers? It didn't need it for sales and certainly not for the street. Possibly for bar room bragging?

I'm not saying you can't go get those numbers (which is all they are) but GM certainly didn't need to.

The C7's power rise will end with the ZR1's 755-hp LT5.

The C8 will start with a 5.5L twin-turbo V8. No one knows the power but I'll bet it will be around 600. Rumor is that a later version of the C8 will have AWD with the 5.5Ltt driving the rear wheels and 300 or so horsepower worth of electric motors driving the front wheels.

I have no doubt that a mid-engined C8 with 900-1000-hp will be an awesome car. The AWD will solve a real problem we've had since the '09 ZR1 and that's getting all that torque to the ground.

Where I'm a little uncomfortable is with you much cargo area a mid-engine car may have. In my experience there's never been any mid-engine sports car with the cargo room of the rear drive Corvettes. My Wife and I enjoy long road trips in Corvettes. With C5/6/7 we can haul a weeks worth of clothes and other gear. If we can't do that with a C8, then I wouldn't buy one.

This is why I'm eyeing a '19 ZR1.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom