Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Is it me or is it them?

Since I know everyone is on the edge of their seats waiting to hear the next installment...

I got my car back today. :cool

The ashtray compartment wasn't fixed of course...and the car was filty dirty (they decided to rip up the floor in the service dept. and replace it with tile) but the car runs better than ever. Even the emergency brake works better!

Signed,
Happy Camper
:lou

Pinky said:
I got my car back today. :cool
but the car runs better than ever. Even the emergency brake works better!
Signed,
Happy Camper

Hey, that is great you got it back and everything works.:beer Hope there is no more trouble and things go smooth. Know how aggravating an ordeal like that can be.

...and the car was filty dirty (they decided to rip up the floor in the service dept. and replace it with tile)

All I can say is wow. Unbelieve-able. I don't think there is a single dealership that doesn't have access to a wash-gun to at least rinse off a car. The fact that this dealership didn't even take the time to do that for you... wow.

Pinky, I know you've probably heard this advice already. I recommend you find a Corvette club in your area and ask some of the members who they take their Corvettes to for service. They'll probably have loads of advice on places to avoid, but the ones they direct to will certainly be worth the time you took to find out.

-Patrick

All I can say is wow. Unbelieve-able. I don't think there is a single dealership that doesn't have access to a wash-gun to at least rinse off a car. The fact that this dealership didn't even take the time to do that for you... wow.

Pinky, I know you've probably heard this advice already. I recommend you find a Corvette club in your area and ask some of the members who they take their Corvettes to for service. They'll probably have loads of advice on places to avoid, but the ones they direct to will certainly be worth the time you took to find out.

-Patrick
Thanks Patrick - I already have a perfectly good CORVETTE mechanic, he just doesn't work at the dealership. The place that sold me the car (and the warranty) has taken it in the shorts so badly now that I think in the future they will probably let me take any warranty work to MY guy.

I was surprised about the not washing the car either. They haven't even hosed it off any of the times I've taken it there; since this is my first experience with having a car worked on here in Nevada I wonder if it's SOP in these parts? I always got my car washed and vacuumed in Washington.

UPDATE: I no longer need the rocket launcher, I am looking for a nice (pre-owned OK) nuclear bomb.

The linkage is now screwed up. When I shift into "D" from reverse it is actually neutral, I have to go to 3rd, drive a little ways, and then shift it into "D".

I am taking the car to MY mechanic, have him fix it, and will send my bill to Champion Chevrolet - via the Slim Pickins method in "Dr. Strangelove"...

I had to take The Baby in for what turned out to be a minor repair (shifter sticking in park). I should explain that I did NOT buy the Vette from the local Chevy dealer, but I did buy an extended warranty and the dealer where I bought it sends me to the Chevy dealership to get the repairs done - apparently they think the Chevy guys know something they don't.

So, anyhoo - I get the car back and first of all they treated me like I didn't have a problem to begin with (even though they charged for 2 hours of labor to fix the non-problem), and when I questioned the bill that said "checked, no problem works fine", they got all huffy. They assured me that "minor adjustments" were made and everything was working fine. WhatEVER. At least the shifter isn't sticking anymore...but in the course of their "minor adjustment" (or was it a non-problem? I'm confused!) they minorly adjusted the door to the cigarette lighter/ashtray compartment so it's all wonky now and doesn't close right.

Mr. Pinky, in his attempt to calm the waters, said he'd fix it. I say I should take it back and make THEM fix it. I'll admit I'm p*ssed at being treated poorly, but then again I'm not their customer. What do YOU think? Take it back or let it go?

Signed,
A Woman Scorned :mad

ANYTIME SOMEONE TAKES YOUR MONEY -"YOU ARE THEIR CUSTOMER". You have the right to have excellent service, respect and follow-up to any issues involving your vehicle. I never take my Vette to a dealership- cause they don't know the first thing about it. I have a seasoned old timer who knows how to work/admire his work. My wife has a Lexus and that is the ultimate is service and customer relations. The car always comes back right and clean. They call for follow up-"are you happy"? Unfortunatley, most domestic dealerships aren't schooled in customer relations and satisfaction.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom