Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Is that me baby or just a brillant(e) disguise?

*89x2*

...Is that me baby or just a brillant(e) disguise???

Sorry to coin a line (sorta) from Springsteen...

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Vehicle Description [/FONT]

This is a 1989 Brillanté
This car is the owner’s personal demo, and was produced by the “Classic” Automotive styling center in Fountain Valley, CA.
This is not a kit car
It is a hand-built, Euro-styled conversion of a 1989 Corvette convertible, including functional side scoops, genuine leather covered interior appointments, burled wood dash and console panels, Hofco alarm, and a Rinspeed push-button steering wheel that controls the Alpine in-dash compact disc player. This Brillanté also includes a K-40 radar detector. The Euro-styled wheels and low profile tires compliment the overall appearance and handling of this limited production sports car. Only 10 Brillantés were produced, and only a select few will ever be able to own one of these classics This car has never been titled, and still has the original M.S.O. At the Kruse International Auto Auction in Auburn Springs, a bid of $42,000 was refused by the owner.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chev...95QQihZ018QQcategoryZ6168QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

89Bril05.jpg

This summer I saw one of these at the Elmhurst Wednesday nite Cruise Nite in downtown Elmhurst, IL. Elmhurst is a western suburb of Chicago.

It was For Sale. The fit and finish actually looked to be pretty good. I really thought at first it was a Ferrari.

I, for one, would not want a Vette that looked like a Ferrari. But, that is only me!

SAVE THE :w

looks nice, but its a ruination because its not real. and not real = tacky false.

I dunno...I don't think it is all that bad. I just view it as a really nice kit car. Hey, beats a Lambo-esqe body on a Fiero, right?? :D

Cheers,

Joe

Yes I agree this example looks nice..........Its still a corvette posing as something else, the owner should be shot.

I don't like kit-cars and I despise posers. Many people would disagree with me. But I just don't like fakery.

Just like breasts for example -- I don't go for silicone either -- falsetto is falsetto.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom