Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Is the corvette C8 over hyped?

ChildishEgg

I feel that the corvette C8 is over hyped and that other corvette models do not get as much as attention. Some people dont even know its a corvette, they just assume its a Lamborghini. I see the C8 everywhere on the internet. Its like a meme, it gets shared around too much and it gets old quick. The C8 has the potential to be forgotten like other corvettes such as the original stingray. Do you think the corvette C8 is over hyped?

No the c8 is not over hyped. I have one and its awesome. While true that older generations get less attention at the release of a new generation corvette. That is just to be expected.. all previous generation corvettes are awesome as well.

No the c8 is not over hyped. I have one and its awesome. While true that older generations get less attention at the release of a new generation corvette. That is just to be expected.. all previous generation corvettes are awesome as well.
Nice to here your opinion

Well, I would have to disagree with your statement:

" ...the potential to be forgotten like other corvettes such as the original stingray."

I certainly don't believe that the original Stingray has been forgotten. Look at what those cars are bringing today. The C8 is a milestone car. I would love to own one and I think that it is going to be a classic.

I have owned mine since April and drive it every day, and I'm continually amazed by this car, the combination of performance, everyday driveability, and comfort is astonishing. If anything it isn't hyped enough, it deserves all the praise it gets. All the positive things that reviewers have said about the car are spot on. If there is one negative about the car, I agree that it doesn't look or drive like a Corvette, some of the design heritage is there but for the most part the car has been reinvented so much that it's difficult to think of it as a Corvette. I've been driving Corvettes for 25 years and it's a little weird sometimes to walk up to my C8 and it's stubby hood and mid-engine proportions. I say this to all Corvette afficionados who are on the fence about the C8: wash one. That's all, just find one to wash. The tactile sensation of running your hands over the car gives you an appreciation for the remarkable achievement that Chevrolet has made.

A rising tide raises all boats.

I believe since the introduction and presence of c8 s the previous generations have been going up in value quite well.

Lots of interest by consumers with money to spend

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom