Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Is this a new record?

Corvette
1981 Dark Blue Metallic, 2003 AE coupe
I picked up a 2003 AE coupe a couple weeks ago, and not having driven a C5 before, the ride seemed good. I have a C3 and had a C6 so comparisons are difficult. Well I just got back from my local dealership, and after ten years :ugh, the shock stuffers have finally been removed. What a difference :thumb. I suppose the little dealership in Alabama where this baby was sold didn't get the delivery prep memo. Even more surprising is the previous couple of owners never researched the car enough to even troubleshoot the bumpy ride. I can thank the 50th Anniversary website for posting the info that led me to look under the car for the little yellow ribbons hanging out of the shock boots. One other thing, a little shout out to Jane Ann...congrats on your new ride :beer. She's a beauty.

Cheers,
Mike

Damn, that is amazing. Ten years and the shock stuffers are still in the shocks!
That's got to be a record.

Bud,

As you might have noticed, it's been a while since I have been on the CAC. I've lost a bit of proficiency in the CAC search department and so when I found the 50th AE website and found this tidbit of info, I was just couldn't wait to get them out and compare the difference. I have since learned so much about the C5 since re-engaging again in the BEST corvette site online. What an amazing coincidence that we have so much in common when it comes to our vettes. Your story is very much the same as mine except your dealership didn't charge you $60 bucks to pull them out, and they charged me for the oil change. I'm not complaining though. I went to a Hendricks chevy dealer and...well he's gotta pay for that new '14 he bought somehow :L. Officially, the shock stuffers had been installed for 10 years, 6 months and 48,250 miles. :duh

I picked up a 2003 AE coupe a couple weeks ago. . . One other thing, a little shout out to Jane Ann...congrats on your new ride :beer. She's a beauty.

Cheers,
Mike
While reading your post, Mike I was thinking I needed to congratulate you too!
Great minds think alike!
:wJane Ann

Irresponsible Dealer

It's a shame that the previous owners will probably bad mouth the C5 for it's lousy ride and will never know. That dealer should be reamed out !

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom