Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Is This Normal?

PokerJoker

Corvette
My oil pressure doesn't zero out when I turn the engine off. It drops to the 30 - 35 mark, but not all the way to zero.

When I turn the ignition switch on, the guage then drops to zero and after starting the car it jumps up to around the 40 - 45 mark. If I rev the engine it moves a little up and down...turn the car off...drops to 30 - 35.

I just thought it would drop to zero with the car off...any thoughts?

With the car running if I pull the wire off the sending unit the gauge pegs to the right (high pressure), put the wire back on and it goes back to 45ish.

Does this sound like normal operation?

Thanks for your help :D

Jeff

My oil pressure doesn't zero out when I turn the engine off. It drops to the 30 - 35 mark, but not all the way to zero.

When I turn the ignition switch on, the guage then drops to zero and after starting the car it jumps up to around the 40 - 45 mark. If I rev the engine it moves a little up and down...turn the car off...drops to 30 - 35.

I just thought it would drop to zero with the car off...any thoughts?

With the car running if I pull the wire off the sending unit the gauge pegs to the right (high pressure), put the wire back on and it goes back to 45ish.

Does this sound like normal operation?

Thanks for your help :D

Jeff
Yep,some do that!!:thumbMy 78 has been that way since new!:beer

THANKS! Gmjunkie,

I'm trying to figure this thing out. I love messing around with this car and every little thing I get working that wasn't working when I bought it makes it that much more enjoyable...a small victory every now and then means a lot. :beer

Mine did / does / will be doing the same :D So no problem!

Groeten Peter

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom