Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Is this the 2014 C7 Corvette?

Time to buy a C6....

I think it's time to buy a C6 before they're all gone......I'll wait for the C7 to settle in on me.....I know the C6 has plenty of trunk room for traveliing.
This one looks too Camaro and no room for luggage for me.

Screams Camaro, to me and I don't need glasses, either. Someone seems kinda grumpy of late.

Also, I like the bulgy rear no more than the Nissan Z.

Then, all these (baloney) sneak peeks are, at best, Chevy getting feedback, like any other generation. :w

I prefer fewer sharp corners to the lines even though I know it's the "in" thing. Not crazy about the lines of the Camaro. This C7 pic has Camaro-inspired eyelid taillights and is thick below the beltline but I like it better than the Camaro version of that theme. Still like curves and sharp edges in the right places.

Example of straight lines and sharp corners gone overboard = truly hideous: Nissan GT-R.

Rod Bean
C5/Z06

C5C6C7Comparison04.jpg
How did you do this.

I doubt that the real thing will look anything like that, but the pic does resemble a camaro to me.

Personally I'd like to see the vette go retro. It worked well for the camaro & mustang & I love the older vettes.

Last edited:
C7

These guys make prototypes and fake prototypes all the time and test them everywhere, so the license plate doesn't mean much. Government Motors (GM) has changed a lot since the C6 rolled-out. They now earn over half their revenue from China and plan to increase investment in China and decrease US investment. SO, it stands to reason that they aren't designing the C7 for the US market; but instead making a bastardized compromise of a sports car that meets the expectations of the emerging Chinese monied middle class, which means angular Asian and Euro styling. Also, as for the tail lights, they do look like Camaro and that would be standard GM design cue philosopy: repeat certain design cues from model to model to create a sense of brand loyality through continuity of product line. They already did it for years with round tail lights.

Have you guys worked in China? I have for almost 15 years and can tell you there is almost zero demand for the Corvette in China. So I really doubt that as any influence on the C7 design. The China market car designs are pretty much all their own.

Have you guys worked in China? I have for almost 15 years and can tell you there is almost zero demand for the Corvette in China. So I really doubt that as any influence on the C7 design. The China market car designs are pretty much all their own.

They'd have to call it a Buick.;)

I don't mind it.

We speciculate to much about something we don't know anything about.

I'll be driving my 2011 Z06 Carbon for a long time.

Last edited:
C7 rear

Looks too Camaro-ish for me, and that is the reason I think they're trying to fool us at this time. I don't think (I hope!!) that is the real deal...yet.

Looks too Camaro-ish for me, and that is the reason I think they're trying to fool us at this time. I don't think (I hope!!) that is the real deal...yet.

I agree,the Camaro look 'rectangular hatch' and almost identical 'taillights' are a great
ruse and don't think it will resemble that design, great for speculation and debate but thats it.;)

The plate is a web address. Get it?
myc7.us
as opposed to myc7.com which is not available but does not resolve.

You DOUBT but don't know Grasshopper. Those party big-wigs over there are now driving Cadillacs MADE there. I don't know what they call them, but the look just like a CTS. Black of course. The party elite and emerging upper middle class there have money to burn and will be buying lots of stuff like a C7 that's "a car design pretty much all their own", you just watch. The way the world's turning your (presumed) ability to speak Chinese may be a real asset soon. I'll bet you a trunk-load of General Tso's chicken that GM moves the Bowling Green plant right over to the Szechuan province somewhere, wipes that Corvette name off the back, and calls it a Kung Pao.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom