Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Is this the 2014 C7 Corvette?

Kung Pao ;LOL

maro-vette.jpg

VETTE-BUTTS.jpg

SIXGENERATIONSOFCORVETTE-MYZR-1.jpg

Last edited:
This is really disappointing...The days of a sleek and beautuful Corvette seem to be over...When the C6 came out people asked me when I would buy one, and I repllied "when they make a C5 body kit for it:...and now this abortion that looks like a wedding betwen a camel and an ardvark that got caught in an origami machine, makes the C6 look very nice indeed... I was so hoping the next generation would one that I would want to own, but it looks like my C5 will get upgraded instead.....Time to forget a new generation and do coil-overs, wider wheels, flares, etc,,,,,I'll keep my C5 forever if this is direction that they are going....
Jennifer

What do you think?

They just love to play with us...
It's 1996 all over, tease, tease, tease.
First the coupe, then a roadster, then some type of Z06 or Grandsport, and finally a ZR 1.

Wouldn't you thing Marketing would try to be a little inovative, OH I forgot we are dealing with
the NEW General Motors......:happyanim:

Camaro?

What do you think?

Rear end looks like a Camaro. Anyone that doesn't see that is in denial.
Lots of sharp angle Aztec (and CTS) like lines too. Can't say that gives me a warm fuzzy.
So it's Aztec and Camaro designs leading the way for Corvette?
How sad is that?:eyerole

So somebody was in a position to take a pic of the back of the car and nothing else? No side shot, no front shot, no interior? All three Vettes in the pic have the SAME license plate, plus the pic is put out by Trinity ANIMATION!! FAKE!!
And if it is real, I'm glad I have a C6 because that thing is just FUGLY!!. :happyanim:

Last edited:
Rear end looks like a Camaro. Anyone that doesn't see that is in denial.
Lots of sharp angle Aztec (and CTS) like lines too. Can't say that gives me a warm fuzzy.
So it's Aztec and Camaro designs leading the way for Corvette?
How sad is that?:eyerole

Be nice, Tom Wallace was involved with the Aztec project, and it did find a home on Breaking Bad........:duh

My Two Cents

Still not that crazy about what I'm seeing, but I may be warming up a bit. After comparing the spy photos with this pic, the way the hatch is narrow on top and then curves out around the side glass, this just might be dead on. The rear light on the mule could easily be switched out for this longer version. And, not that I like it any more, but what if that "cheap plastic" turns out to be very expensive (and very light) carbon fiber? I agree with most that the rear end is just too complicated but my bigger concern is those exhaust tubes being mounted in a box. I predict rattles in my future. But I think retro is dead and it's time to move on. Bottom line, even in camo, it's looking more and more like a Corvette to me...tail lights notwithstanding.

Bummer

I have had a C2, C3, C4, C5 and C6. I guess I will have to skip C7 and wait for C8 if the Corvette is morphing into a Camaro!!! Hopefully it is a Camaro and not a Corvette. I really wanted to get a C7.

So somebody was in a position to take a pic of the back of the car and nothing else? No side shot, no front shot, no interior? All three Vettes in the pic have the SAME license plate, plus the pic is put out by Trinity ANIMATION!! FAKE!!
And if it is real, I'm glad I have a C6 because that thing is just FUGLY!!. :happyanim:

IT'S NOT REAL. Read the damn thread, it's a Photoshop. :duh

Attachments

• facepalm.jpg
    facepalm.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 77
Corvette c7 rear

Tail lights look like a comaro. I don't like the tail lights, but the rest of the rear of the car I like.

I STILL prefer AND like my.....

All Corvettes are nice. Beautful cars! I still prefer AND love my 13,500 original mile 1996 Supercharged (Carrol system) Collector Edition LT-4 Corvette! It has about 550HP and blows the doors off many of the high performance cars out there! This car works best for me becuase I tend to be "old school" in my preferances. But again, this is not to say that I do not love all Corvettes! I DO love ALL of them!! And many otrher new cars out there. RKP

No, I'm not blind. And yes, it does look like it has a resemblance to a camaro. You may be the one who needs an optometrist.

I'll grant you, it has a resemblance to a Camaro--that's lot more vague than being "like a Camaro"––but then the back of that car resembles a lot of other cars, too. I see some Ferrari there. I see maybe a little of the Nissan GTR. Heck, I even see a bit of a pick-up truck in that rear fascia looking like a tailgate.

I'm sick of hearing "like a Camaro" or "resembles a Camaro". Can't you guys be more original than that? Besides why the sore spot for Camaros, anyway. Were you out in your freshly waxed, base automatic Corvettes, cruising through local "Cars and Coffee" when you got dusted by a ZL1?

Heck, at least "Jennifer" has some imagination when she says it's, an "...abortion that looks like a wedding between a camel and an aardvark that got caught in an origami machine." (What the heck's an "origami machine", anyway. On second thought...maybe I don't want to know.)

Note to "Jennifer": may I suggest it would have to have been more than just a "wedding" between a camel and an aardvark to make whatever it is we see in that image. Wouldn't they have to consummate the marriage. But...I digress.:chuckle

And, yes, I felt like stirring the pot this finally-a-Friday afternoon.

Last edited:
And then there was this one....
C6SpadaCodatroncaC.jpg

C6SpadaCodatroncaA.jpg

C6SpadaCodatroncaB.jpg

If they wanna play Lambo folded edges, they need to hire the same desighn firm....as least the Lambo people can make a sharp edge car that has GREAT lines....I would have thought that GM learned its lesson with the C6 [ in terms of one part of the car having no desighn connection with other parts of it] and gone back to the roots of design integration, coming up with somehthing that looks less like a colelction of element rejects off a design studio floor.

In the corvette museum there are several Corvette concepts, such as the Cerv mid engine, and plenty of others, that are FAR more futuristic than these C7 musings...and they would do well to look back and get some inspiration from these designs that were done by people that actually graduated from art and automotive design schools.... at least that is my humble opinion....As long as they keep making new Corvettes ugly, I'll keep spending money on keeping my old one.

I'd druther have a Saturn Sky Redline. :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom