Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Is this the 2014 C7 Corvette?

I get it... this is like the IQ test where they show a dog, a cat and a shoe box, and ask which doesn't belong, right?

Other than the flat top 'eyelid' tail lights, I don't see anything that reminds me of the Camaro. And the cheap looking black plastic has been removed from this rendition, which looks a bit better, I guess. Hopefully that would be carbon fiber, and not plastic.

Nobody knows for sure what the C7 will look like, so we should wait until the Detroit Auto show in January! But I guess it's fun to speculate.

Why all the hate for the Camaro? Let's hate on the Mustang, instead! :beer

C5C6C7Comparison04.jpg

Camaroish

No, I'm not blind. And yes, it does look like it has a resemblance to a camaro. You may be the one who needs an optometrist.

I agree with you. I have not been on here in many months, so was totally unexposed to any conversation about the new Vette having a Camaro look. When I opened the photo, the first reaction I had was...Camaro-like tail lights. Of course the overall back does not look like a Camaro, but a few cues like tail lights bring that image to mind. I am hoping this is a Photoshop.

Black Taillight Surronds

The black taillight surrounds in the photoshop picture take me back to the 70'S :D

C7 Vette.JPG

It is a shame that GM cannot take cues from other manufacturers. The Porsche 911 shape has remained virtually unchanged since the 356. If the powers that be at Corvette could rethink the interior and continually improve the ride dynamics and performance so the so called car enthusiast magazines would stop saying how it is so great except for the cheap interior by comparing with the ultra high $$ eurpoean cars. Come on Chevy, the 427 vert is said to be the best vette yet. Improve on that. The body style is beautiful and for everything there is about the Corvette, there is not another car on the planet that can touch it :thumb

So Hib ....

That was an excellent article you wrote about the new 427 engine. Looks like you had plenty of inside access. Did they give you a little peek at the C7 with an oath of silence?

Seems like you're having some fun with this one.

;)

Legitimate

I agree with you. I have not been on here in many months, so was totally unexposed to any conversation about the new Vette having a Camaro look. When I opened the photo, the first reaction I had was...Camaro-like tail lights. Of course the overall back does not look like a Camaro, but a few cues like tail lights bring that image to mind. I am hoping this is a Photoshop.

Totally legitimate observation and shared by many even those that are in denial.
Now imaging what the convertible version would have to look like.:puke

I think the tail lights I could get use to but in fact they do look like the Camaro tail lights.
I am a big fan of the narrowing of the butt on this rendition.

Why all the hate for the Camaro? Let's hate on the Mustang, instead! :beer

At least most of the iterations of the Mustang, especially the current one, look like a Mustang. :thumb

I like Alice Cooper. :w

At first glance, the pic reminded me of a Star Wars Storm Trooper.

looks like.....

At least most of the iterations of the Mustang, especially the current one, look like a Mustang. :thumb

The C5 and C6 front ends look a lot like a viper. Too bad the "stingray" look has
been abandon. There was unique style in that design. No copy of something else.

What strength eye ware do I require ? I see some C2 Stingray coupe.

Is that what your seeing-eye dog tells you about the front end?:chuckle
Backend maybe and that is a real maybe. A C5-6 has a GIANT butt.
My 73 had no such thing.

No the influence of the viper was pronounce back in 97 on the vett front end.
That's when the styling leadership went away from the vett and it began
looking like every other car IMHO.
The styling leader now seems to be that saturn sky.
There is one in my neighborhood. Underpowered but the right size for
a sports car and turns heads.

Is that what your seeing-eye dog tells you about the front end?:chuckle
Backend maybe and that is a real maybe. A C5-6 has a GIANT butt.
My 73 had no such thing.

No the influence of the viper was pronounce back in 97 on the vett front end.
That's when the styling leadership went away from the vett and it began
looking like every other car IMHO.
The styling leader now seems to be that saturn sky.
There is one in my neighborhood. Underpowered but the right size for
a sports car and turns heads.

I think the Sky is a great looking car, it is simply very underpowered. If they reworked the mechanics & gave it a strong V8 it would be awesome!

God I hope not! If I want a Camaro I'll buy a stinking Camaro...good grief. A little weak, but nice try.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom