Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Iso Grifo an Italian Corvette

VetteCpl

Corvette
1996 Grand Sport; 1998 Pace car; 1978 Pace car
I recently wrote an article about the Iso Grifo, an Italian exotic built between 1965 and 1974. The car was powered by Corvette engines, either a small block (327 or 350), or a big block (427 or 454).

The article may be found here.

Enjoy! Questions or comments are always welcome.

Cool article Bruce. As a history buff and Corvette owner, it tickled my fancy on both accounts. Man, they made some sweet looking rides back then. That said, I'm pretty partial to my C6. You see any similarities? :cool

Save the :w

Friend of mine had a very nice white/tan one. He had a massive heartattack while rebuilding it. It's almost done but has been sitting on a garage lift about 4' in the air for years now.

Cool article Bruce. As a history buff and Corvette owner, it tickled my fancy on both accounts. Man, they made some sweet looking rides back then. That said, I'm pretty partial to my C6. You see any similarities? :cool

Save the :w
It's never fair to compare cars of different generations to each other. Your C6 has the advantage of a 35-year advance in technology and is inherently a better car in every aspect.

Looks are subjective and there will be many different opinion as to which one looks better.

Limited production cars, such as the Grifo and, to some extent, the Corvette are similar when you look at the strong personalities of the people behind the cars. Rivolta and Bizzarrini certainly knew what they wanted the Grifo to be, in much the same fashion as Duntov, Mitchell and Harley Earl with the Corvette. They all had dominant personalities and refused to let their respective designs veer too far from the desired path.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom