Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

It stops!! Help!!!!!

M

mr.corvette

Everytime when I drive my vette and passes 50-150Km range the car stops, It seams to me that it is the fuelpump qoz I got signal from the relay,but if I let it be for an ouer or so it starts again. Is there any way to go by the linen and give the pump power directly or has anybody got a better idea?? And if I try to start it to many times the starter stops,,I got signal from the relay qoz it "clicking" but nothing happends and it is the same here,,If I let it rest for some ouer it starts again..Is there anybody who has any tips I would be wery greatful...Sorry about the spelling qoz I come from sweden..

Hi there and welcome to the CAC. I don't know if I can be of much help, but I'll give it a try. Could you answer this question first: When the car dies and you re-start it after an hour has passed, will the problem reoccur after a few kilometers? If it's a reoccuring problem on a constant basis, I would look toward a faulty fuel pump. The pump will usually die a slow death, so it's a bit hard to pinpoint.

On the starter: does it attempt to turn the engine over or does the soleniod just click after a few tries? Does the inactivity of the starter happen after long drives?

By posing these questions, I hope to narrow down the roads of direction. If any of this seems unapplicable, forgive me. It's very late where I am. I hope we here at the forum can be of some help, though. :)

--Bullitt

Re:

Hello Bullitt!!
To begin with the starter,,It clicks in the relay but not in the solenoid,,iaw the relay behind the panel is clicking but there in no clicking from the solenoid on the starter. I will try to see if there is som kind of debreeze on the connection on fuelpump this afternoon qoz I think its funny thet it works for an 30-40 minutes and then suddenly goes out...I just have to check it out,,the worst thing is thet everything here in sweden takes so long time,,I mean to get spare parts. Thanks for your reply,, ...

I would think it is the fuel pump itself. It is getting warm after running for a while and then seizes up. If you let it cool down it starts again. Replace the pump you should see the problem go away...

One more thing to try. When it dies do you still have spark at the plugs ?? I have seen cars (not vettes) die after running for a while and then work again after sitting, and it was the electronic ignition module that was heating up.
Just another thing to check before you rip anything apart.

ya i was going to suggest the module or the coil myself. Thats a good place to look. If that doesn't work try putting the car an a code reader, that way help you diagnose as well.

Hello Friends!!
I have changed the fuelpump and my god!!!! It is running like a new machine,,,Thanks everybody for your attention on my questions,,Take care and I´ll be back...Magnus.

Hi again, Magnus. So now that the car is running, do you still have problems with the starter? Just wondering if everything is going alright in Sweden.

--Bullitt

Hello Bullit!!

The car runs nice and smouth now. And abot here in sweden,,well if you dont count the weather in ,everything is just fine,,maby too much to do at the work but I should not complain..Take care everybody until next time I have some questions...

umm

to see if your fuel pump is bad,, all u have to do is turn your key over and walk in back of your car and put your ear to the gas tank u will hear the motor running,

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom