Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

It want sell....

M

mojo92

I can't sell my car !!! I put it on ebay twice and only got a few bids on it. I was asking $6000 for it and now I am going to get a company to sell it for me , it's going to cost me $200 just to have them sell it. Why do you think it didn't sell on ebay ? I put the miles of the car (195,000) and then the miles on the new motor (3,000). What should I do to sell this car, I need the money to buy a 01 Z06. HELP !!!

Well to be honest ... $6,000 for a 17 year old car, with 200K on it and a replaced motor seems high. Those miles and years are gonna show up in lotsa other things other than the motor too.

I have two vettes for sale since the spring. This was a bad year for sales, economy, pres. elections etc. You will have to have patience or sell the vette for no price just best offer. Good luck:thumb

If you paid Arizona Dream Cars the $200 to sell your car, you probab;y wasted you money, I know I did a while back.

Sale

I can't sell my car !!! I put it on ebay twice and only got a few bids on it. I was asking $6000 for it and now I am going to get a company to sell it for me , it's going to cost me $200 just to have them sell it. Why do you think it didn't sell on ebay ? I put the miles of the car (195,000) and then the miles on the new motor (3,000). What should I do to sell this car, I need the money to buy a 01 Z06. HELP !!!

I bought a car that was 17 years old and had the motor replaced. That was the cheapest part of the repairs needed. Once you put the fresh power to an old drive train, things go bad in a hurry. You'll have to take paint, seats, carpet, weather stripping, heater core ($$), A/C, Tires, brake lines , U-joints (all 6), exhaust, etc. into consideration. These days, an engine replacement is one of the least expensive and easiest things to START with. I'd either hold on to it and wait for the market to raise again and find the money elsewhere for the Z06 or just ask best offer. Either way, let me know where you're going to advertize it (state, city)and I might be able to help you out. Good Luck.

I work in Tifton at Tifton Cycles. Bring the car by some day (Wednesday through Saturday 10:00 am to 6:00 pm). and I will look at it and perhaps be of some help. Ask for the old man or Mike.

This threads was about a year and a half old before its resurection today...
Hopefully OP has sold his car by now.

Mike

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom