Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

It was the best of days, it was the worst of days.

S

studiog

The sad news is that I sold the 61 and it was picked up by Fed Ex this morning. The good news is that it commanded a very good price that exceded my most optimistic expectations. I'm already experiencing withdrawal symptoms and I am craving another project. Once again I would like to thank everyone here that helped me along the way. Especially the two Johns...McGraw & "Z" as well as Ray(61Silver), Larry(IH2LOSE), Heaven, Z28 Canuck, Paintdaddy, and many others who offered tech support & advice along the way. You guys are the best! I don't think it will be too long till I have another C1 or C2 project going on. But right now college tuition is at the top of my priority list.

Well I cant say that I am sorry you sold it as I have done it several times in the past. Build a car,drive it,then have some one make you an offer you cant refuse.

Allmost every one has seller remorse,

From the pictures I seen I think you built a high quaility car,somebody is getting a real good car.

I have allways said that I have more fun building a car,making something out of nothing.

the longest cars I have owned is my DeVille as my daughter has claimed it as her wedding car,and my 66 as I could not afford to replace it.

My 62 I would not hesitate to sell as I fell I can build another one better.

Never secound guess your disition

Just put a little of your money aside so you can put another one of those vettes hidden away in upstate new york back on the road, PM me as I may have a lead on a 62 up by you

studiog said:
The sad news is that I sold the 61 and it was picked up by Fed Ex this morning. The good news is that it commanded a very good price that exceded my most optimistic expectations. I'm already experiencing withdrawal symptoms and I am craving another project. Once again I would like to thank everyone here that helped me along the way. Especially the two Johns...McGraw & "Z" as well as Ray(61Silver), Larry(IH2LOSE), Heaven, Z28 Canuck, Paintdaddy, and many others who offered tech support & advice along the way. You guys are the best! I don't think it will be too long till I have another C1 or C2 project going on. But right now college tuition is at the top of my priority list.

Know the Feeling.. My 86 (Bought New) was sold and the new owner picker her up last weekend. Twenty years and only 59K miles..Supercharged and cared for with much TLC.

It was a funny feeling watching the backend of the 86 driving away. Plenty of good driving miles.. I'll miss her...

86061b.jpg

Don't be sad Gary, look on the bright side that you did such a fantastic, quality job and that there is an anxious,and very proud new vette owner that's willing to pay what you feel is a fair price for all your hard work. Congratulations! Don't look back with regret, it'll haunt you. I know, it's easy for me to say as I haven't done such an intensive project of my own and then sell it, but I do know you must be damn proud of what you accomplished there.

Paying the tuition bills is mighty rewarding for the revenue your efforts have recieved and you will be doing another project in time and especially now armed with the knowledge and experience you have.......look out!! We'll be watching for your posts on your next project and we'll enjoy it with you again too. Thank you for taking us along on your '61 project Gary, we really enjoyed it and are glad you enjoyed the company and advice all those great CAC members always offer so generously. Hope to meet you soon!

Rather than tears I'll offer you cheers :beer and congratulations again Gary on a job so very well done! Keep that proud smile OK?:upthumbs

Doug

Every time I sell one (especially one I restored or built), I get a lump in my throat as it disappears down the street or into a trailer and recall the thousands of hours I had invested in it, but as soon as I start the hunt for the next one, the lump is gone and I get charged up again, and the old one is out of my mind (until I see it again).
:beer

Gary
what a surprise! it feels like you just finished the car last week and now it's gone.

Well, it was for a good cause and i have no doubt you will soon be building another one and personally i can't wait to see the next project you eventually start to follow the progress!

Barry

Hi! Gary

All I can say is WOW! what a shocker. I was looking forward to a cruise of the 61's this coming year and now we will have to wait until you complete your next project. I hope everything went fine with your decision to sell your 61 and I know what colleges cost. I had two attend private schools and one in a state school.

Good luck with your next project!

Ray

PS; has you daughter decided on what college she will attend next year?

Ray

61 Silver said:
PS; has you daughter decided on what college she will attend next year?

Ray

The acceptance/rejection letters are just starting to come in, so far she is 2 for 2. She applied to 6 schools. I'll let you know how she makes out with SUNY Geneseo.

Gary,

I congratulate you on your beautiful workmanship and all the heart that you poured into your '61. I fully understand the the college tuition issue, and rolled the proceeds from many of my projects into the family fund.

As many others have stated on here, there are other cars and projects waiting out there to be discovered. Half the fun is the search for the next one. Good luck in your search! Just remember to keep us up to date 'cause you know that we are "project junkies"

Take care,
Brian

Sad to find out you sold the 61. I sure have enjoyed watching the progress on your car and have really liked the informitive posts that you have started. Was your car originally white? I'm thinking about going with red on my 61 as well. I think the original black/silver cove would be great, but many more ++++'s to go red. My progress is very slow, still bolting pieces back on the frame.

Larry Shermak said:
Sad to find out you sold the 61. I sure have enjoyed watching the progress on your car and have really liked the informitive posts that you have started. Was your car originally white? I'm thinking about going with red on my 61 as well. I think the original black/silver cove would be great, but many more ++++'s to go red. My progress is very slow, still bolting pieces back on the frame.
I believe my 61 was originally white w/silver coves. I'm partial to black w/silver combo also. I had another 61... many life times ago that was black w/silver. I still love Roman "Resale" Red the best though. Now that I don't have a Vette I need to hear how others are doing with their projects. Keep us posted Larry.

studiog said:
Just checked out your site again Brian, Great job.

http://www.hayco.ca/

Thanks Gary:D

My wife is the mastermind that created the site. She is not only good at web design, she can also spin wrenches, strip paint, do body work and powershift too! She is a keeper.

Thanks for the compliments.

Fuelie said:
Thanks Gary:D

My wife is the mastermind that created the site. She is not only good at web design, she can also spin wrenches, strip paint, do body work and powershift too! She is a keeper.

Thanks for the compliments.
That's an incredible amount of talent! You're a lucky man.

WayneC said:
Just curious: "picked up by Fed Ex"... does Fedex ship cars??? Never heard of that.

What used to be Passport Transport was acquired last year by FedEx and is now called "FedEx CustomCritical".

:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom