Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Its not an NPP exhaust so what is it?

Exhaust

I had my Z51, 6 speed original exhaust replaced with the GMHPE and I love it! I have had people pull up next to me at stop lights and give me a thumbs up and say nice exhaust. I'm not sure exactly who made mine but the mufflers extend from wheel to wheel not front to back. The tips look just like the ones in the pic's above. I don't have a noticeable drone and if I shift into 4th the noise is very muted at lower speeds. However I still have my stock system above my garage; just in case of a prob. or I decide to purchase an Z06 in 2009.:) I also had a Black Wing CAI installed. It's all good- Just ask the Fire Bird I embarrassed in Schaumburg, IL. :upthumbs

My advice would be to leave the performance exhaust on. My '08 came with the NPP and, IMO, is not worth the money. I found it to be way too mild. I pulled the fuse so the flap is open all the time. Still not all that great sounding and it drones pretty good at certain speeds. If I knew then what I know now, I would not have gotten the NPP. Then again, I like nice growl. :D
The NPP system is still muffled. There is a way to make it "straight pipe" loud, if you want. You have to open up the cans, weld up all the perforation holes, then weld it back up. You will have "mild to obnoxious." I left mine stock (Z06.)

This is the gripe with my B&B Tri-Flo on my FRC, it drones at 70mph in 6th gear. I'm thinking of a C6 and think that the NPP might be the best of both, nicer sound when wanted, quieter at idle/cruise so I can hold a conversation on a cell phone. As it sits I try not to do too much since it's hard to hear.

Maybe an '09 with Bluetooth? It's about time GM...

Leon
Drone can drive anyone nuts! I have a Z06 and pulled the fuse...once! There are exhaust companies that cater to the Corvette world that have done some homework regarding "harmonics." Unfortunately, the pitch needed is a bit higher than the "lowest,deepest pitch possible." Best thing to do is contact your local Corvette Club and get their input or a ride to witness the exhaust yourself. HERTZ rents 2008 Corvettes with NPP also.

Thanks guys, this is the quickest and most accurate forum in the world as far as I am concerned. They have installers all over. When I get out of this wheelchair and pumping iron again I have a site about 30 mile from home I am going to check out.:thumb:thumb:thumb:thumb Scott

Good luck getting back into shape:thumb I will have my clear bra put on in two weeks and I will post a review here.

I have NPP on my '08 and with the M2W switch, find the level of noise just right. When the wife is with me, it stays closed but all other times it is open and sounds good to me JMHO :w

How do I know if NPP is on my 07?
Well, on the tag on the inside of the Glove box door in the list of RPO codes there would be a "NPP"!:thumb
Your exhaust pipes would look like these below!!:thumb:thumb
Img232.jpg

And I believe it's a pretty sure bet that yours doesn't have it, It wasn't offered till 2008!!:thumb:thumb:thumb

:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom