Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

GM Press Release: It's Official! 2015 Corvette Z06 coming to Detroit in January!

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Chevrolet to Introduce 2015 Corvette Z06 at Detroit Show

Most-capable Corvette ever will lead industry’s broadest range of performance cars

2013-12-04
GM Media

DETROIT – Chevrolet will introduce the 2015 Corvette Z06 next month at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. It will be the most track-capable Corvette ever, designed to deliver supercar levels of performance through unique powertrain, chassis and aerodynamic features.

The Corvette Z06 will complete Chevrolet’s performance car lineup, which will also see the addition of the Corvette Stingray Convertible, Camaro Z/28 and SS sedan.

“Chevrolet is America’s favorite performance car brand, and for 2014 we are going to offer enthusiasts more choices than ever before,” said Alan Batey, senior vice president, Global Chevrolet. “No other manufacturer will be able to match the breath of performance cars from Chevrolet.”

Chevrolet sells one out of four performance cars in 2013

For the first 11 months of 2013, Chevrolet has accounted for about 25 percent of all performance car sales in the U.S. as Corvette and Camaro continue to lead their respective segments.

Corvette outsold its closest competitor, the Porsche 911, for the first 11 months of 2013. This is all the more remarkable given Corvette production was halted for six months as the Bowling Green, Ky., assembly plant prepared to build the 2014 Corvette Stingray. In November, Corvette sales jumped 229 percent year-over-year, as demand for the new Stingray continues to outstrip supply.

Camaro also outsold its closest competitor, the Ford Mustang, for the first 11 months of 2013. Camaro enters December with a 4,093-unit lead in total sales. More importantly, Camaro has an estimated 10,000-unit lead in retail sales. If that lead continues through the end of the year, 2013 will be the fourth consecutive year Camaro has been the best-selling sports car in the U.S.

Four new performance cars for 2014

The sales lead for Chevrolet is expected to accelerate as the brand adds four new performance cars to the lineup, including:

• First full calendar year of sales of the 2014 Chevrolet SS sedan: The all-new SS, which went on sale in October, is based on a race-proven, global platform that underpins the Camaro, Caprice police vehicle and, in Australia, the high-performance Holden VF Commodore. Elements including lightweight aluminum hood and deck lid panels help give the SS a nearly 50/50 weight balance, while the performance of its 6.2L V-8 – rated at 415 horsepower – and six-speed automatic transmission enable 0-60 mph acceleration in five seconds flat.

• First full year of sales of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible: The Stingray Convertible, which goes on sale this month, shares identical chassis tuning and performance technologies with the coupe, with structural changes limited to accommodations for the folding top and repositioned safety belt mounts. As such, the Stingray Convertible requires no sacrifices for a drop-top driving experience, offering up to 460 horsepower /465 lb-ft with the available performance exhaust system; capable of more than 1 g in cornering; and sprinting from 0-60 in under 4 seconds.

• Arrival of the 2014 Camaro Z/28: The Camaro Z/28, which arrives in dealerships in the second quarter of 2014, will be the most track-capable Camaro ever. Recently, the Z/28 logged a 7:37.40 lap on Germany’s legendary Nürburgring road course, a time comparable with some of the world’s most prestigious sports cars – and the Z/28 lap was completed in the rain.

• Debut of the 2015 Corvette Z06: The all-new Corvette Z06 will make its public debut at the 2014 North American International Auto Show in Detroit in January. Production is expected to begin in late 2014.

About Chevrolet

Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world’s largest car brands, doing business in more than 140 countries and selling more than 4.5 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature spirited performance, expressive design, and high quality. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com.

# # #

Attachments

• 2015-Chevrolet-CorvetteZ06-001-medium.jpg
    2015-Chevrolet-CorvetteZ06-001-medium.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 373
ZR1... Oh Yeah....

I am so glad to have my 2009 Victory Red 3LT ZR1 with chrome wheels and only 8800 miles sitting in my garage! I don't want to wait "years" for the prospect of Chevrolet producing another such remarkable vehicle! Vroom... Vroom... Vroooooooommmm!

I agree, I'll - on the other hand will also laugh all the way to the bank - with the 2009 Z06 CGM 3LZ I bought with 750 miles for $52000 last December Vroom Vroom Vrooooooom! too pardner... thats about 50% of the actual costs of a ZR1:thumb

Oh and it only has 1633 miles today.

Threads... as infinit

Oh, these comparisons go "on and on"... I bought my 2004 Z06 Commemorative edition NEW for $46,000 (listed for $57,600) with NO trade at Henderson Chevrolet in June 2004... traded it in to Fairway Chevrolet nine years later in June 2013 for $27,000 trade-in against the purchase price of $74,600 for the 2009 ZR1 which had only 7,000 miles. I, too, paled at the thought of spending $121,000 for the ZR1 in new condition. And, since the 2009 through 2013 had exactly the same performance equipment and profile, I opted for an older pristine version of the car. The difference in performance (405 hp vs. 638 hp) between the two cars is extraordinary. When the ZR1 supercharger engages... you need to prepare to launch into another galaxy. The sound, the torque, the quickness is beyond description! What I have liked about both my Z06 and my ZR1 are they are both.. phenomenal performers, but also are very "safe" cars with their brakes, maneuverability, etc.... when driven sanely on the street. I hope you enjoy yours... I certainly do mine!

Like me then you appreciate the car w/o losing your head over the money. Thing is we also bought an "11 IOM ZL1; so we're having our fun with it as well. It was a development test bed for an aftermarket company; so we got a 900 RWHP camaro for less than you pay for the new car.... and a 2014 Corvette rear end at the same time. :D Enjoy those Chevy's they do have it going on right now.....this is the Golden Age for muscle cars..as long as you have a good job.

My Condolences!

I agree, I'll - on the other hand will also laugh all the way to the bank - with the 2009 Z06 CGM 3LZ I bought with 750 miles for $52000 last December Vroom Vroom Vrooooooom! too pardner... thats about 50% of the actual costs of a ZR1:thumb

Oh and it only has 1633 miles today.

Hey guys, take it from an old fart with 25,000 miles on a 2010 Callaway GS. LIfe's too short to sit in the garage and admire a great car, go out and drive the wheels off of it. When final check out comes you're only going to regret the things you didn't do.

RocketJ

Oh, these comparisons go "on and on"... I bought my 2004 Z06 Commemorative edition NEW for $46,000 (listed for $57,600) with NO trade at Henderson Chevrolet in June 2004... traded it in to Fairway Chevrolet nine years later in June 2013 for $27,000 trade-in against the purchase price of $74,600 for the 2009 ZR1 which had only 7,000 miles. I, too, paled at the thought of spending $121,000 for the ZR1 in new condition. And, since the 2009 through 2013 had exactly the same performance equipment and profile, I opted for an older pristine version of the car. The difference in performance (405 hp vs. 638 hp) between the two cars is extraordinary. When the ZR1 supercharger engages... you need to prepare to launch into another galaxy. The sound, the torque, the quickness is beyond description! What I have liked about both my Z06 and my ZR1 are they are both.. phenomenal performers, but also are very "safe" cars with their brakes, maneuverability, etc.... when driven sanely on the street. I hope you enjoy yours... I certainly do mine!

I will agree with you on performance. Having owned two C6 Z06s (don't recall what I paid for either but kept both a year and got $800-950 less than what I paid when I sold each one) and driven a couple of ZR1s there really is no comparision. While the Z06 is VERY great car in its own right and extremely track capable, the ZR1 IS the spaceship!! Engage warp drive and off you go. What a car. Have thought about buying one with the prices dropping like rocks but I don't like to get in on a sinking market. Maybe down the road as a collector car to keep forever. We'll see. BTW, I now have a 2013 60th Anniversary 427 convertible which of course has the engine of the Z06 and the suspension, tires and wheel size (not the brakes) of the ZR1. It's the first new and only second convertible I have ever owned and I love it. Bought it as a keeper (at a huge discount due to being a loyal customer). My grandson will one day own this car. I also have an order in for a C7 coupe with Z51 but am considering now waiting on the Z06. Decisions, decisions..........

The key is enjoying what you own and respecting the decisions of what others have decided to buy, for whatever reason. Save the Wave!!

:happyanim:

Last edited:
The key is enjoying what you own and respecting the decisions of what others have decided to buy, for whatever reason. Save the Wave!!

:happyanim:

Now you're talking!!! :thumb

Nobody can see the wave from the garage. Wow, look who's talking, over nine years and only 49,853 fun filled miles. :w

Now you're talking!!! :thumb
Nobody can see the wave from the garage. Wow, look who's talking, over nine years and only 49,853 fun filled miles. :w
Agreed.

1990 ZR-1 bought September of 1994 with 171 miles on it. Currently 40,000 miles and it still excites me when I climb in, start it up and take it out for a ride. Hell...a 2001 Z06 will give it a good run and there are a lot of other newer Corvettes out there that will suck the doors off of it and dance circles around it. However, I still get enjoyment out of it and who knows....maybe someday I'll be able to get a newer Corvette to park next to it. :thumb

I get that same pang when I fire up the '64 with 250 rompin - stompin mice under the hood.

Agreed.

1990 ZR-1 bought September of 1994 with 171 miles on it. Currently 40,000 miles and it still excites me when I climb in, start it up and take it out for a ride. Hell...a 2001 Z06 will give it a good run and there are a lot of other newer Corvettes out there that will suck the doors off of it and dance circles around it. However, I still get enjoyment out of it and who knows....maybe someday I'll be able to get a newer Corvette to park next to it. :thumb

Rob,

Your LT-5 needs just a bit of massaging. You'll be the one sucking doors off.

Rob,

Your LT-5 needs just a bit of massaging. You'll be the one sucking doors off.

I've always been a showroom-stock kind of guy. :D

Have you driven a modded LT-5?
Admittedly, I have not. I really would prefer to take a high performance driving course first so I can learn how to properly handle the full potential of a stock ZR-1 before I go modding it for more power and capability.

Agreed

Hey guys, take it from an old fart with 25,000 miles on a 2010 Callaway GS. LIfe's too short to sit in the garage and admire a great car, go out and drive the wheels off of it. When final check out comes you're only going to regret the things you didn't do.

RocketJ

I guess I am putting a lot of miles on my vet when I've done 6,000 in one year. I agree with the old fart since I'm one too. Drive the cars but drive them with car and do the maintenance. I see no reason this machine should go more than 100K w/o a problem. I at my age plan on starting to go beyond the CA borders to see what they rest of the US has to offer starting Jan. Hope to see all of you out there exploring too. 2013 GS 4LT It's a long story so I'll just refer you to this link. https://www.facebook.com/notes/nvrpc-gs/a-fifty-year-dream-come-true/166614426862208

Gregs ZO-6 & Erv's GS.jpg

Hard to inprove a good thing is what I say. . . . . . Like them original and stock GM for the most part.

I've always been a showroom-stock kind of guy. :D

Me too, I figure the GM engineers know more about this that and the other than I do :thumb

-Bill

Love the BLACK ROSE, just love it :thumb

-Bill

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom