Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: j62 Vett Seat covers

vett62

Corvette
1962 340hp both tops
Does anyone know where I can get instructions or a video on installation of new vinyl seat covers and foam supports for a 62 Vett? Also, do you know where I can get my steering box rebuilt or purchase a rebuilt one? Also need a new black trunk mat and need to know the part number for a stock 62 vette jack. Thanks, Chuck At Vett62@aol.com Appreciate any and all help as I have had this 340 horse with original carter carb since 1973.:) b Also who rebuilds original 3269s carter carbs for reasonable price? Thanks again, Chuck

1. Google "Al Knoch" for the seat covers and foam.

2. Google "corvette steering" for the steering box.

3. Usual Corvette vendors for the trunk mat. A repro may not pass judging. Some repros may be better than others.

4. The '62 jack was a 1 year only. 53-61 jacks are different. Every once in a while, a '62 jack comes up on EBay. They usually sell for over $1500. There are repros for $200. The repros have a sticker that says they are for show only. The repros also have a sleeve or washer which disables them. The sleeve or washer can be removed. If I used one to change a tire, I'd be nervous. I bought a Norco scissors jack for $20 that fits in the wheel well and would look close to the original if I painted it black (which I would do if I cared that much, which I don't).

5. Look in the NCRS "Driveline" for guys who rebuild Carter AFBs. Your 3269 is original to manual transmission '62s, and is worth some money. They're not hard to rebuild. You might try to do it yourself. You won't be able to replate it at home and make it pretty. But you should be able to make it functional.

Trunk Mat

Al Knoch also has the 1962 black trunk mat, :upthumbs

steering box rebuild? contact JohnZ's buddy, gary ramadei, he just did my '65 box and he did a spectacular job...just freakin' perfect

Gary.RAMADEI@radiall.com

Thanks for the information, Critchie!

1. Google "Al Knoch" for the seat covers and foam.

2. Google "corvette steering" for the steering box.

3. Usual Corvette vendors for the trunk mat. A repro may not pass judging. Some repros may be better than others.

4. The '62 jack was a 1 year only. 53-61 jacks are different. Every once in a while, a '62 jack comes up on EBay. They usually sell for over $1500. There are repros for $200. The repros have a sticker that says they are for show only. The repros also have a sleeve or washer which disables them. The sleeve or washer can be removed. If I used one to change a tire, I'd be nervous. I bought a Norco scissors jack for $20 that fits in the wheel well and would look close to the original if I painted it black (which I would do if I cared that much, which I don't).

5. Look in the NCRS "Driveline" for guys who rebuild Carter AFBs. Your 3269 is original to manual transmission '62s, and is worth some money. They're not hard to rebuild. You might try to do it yourself. You won't be able to replate it at home and make it pretty. But you should be able to make it functional.
Thanks again critchie.I've got the covers and foam but need info on how to install the covers and new foam. Apparently there is a trick to it other than getting everything warm. Thanks, vett62