Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

jack handle

jmbatt

Corvette
93 Comp. Yellow Coupe
When I bought my '93 coupe the jack handle and hold down brackets were just lying on the floor behind the seat. I want to put the jack back(rhyme!) exactly as factory installed. Can anyone help? Also have the same situation with the jack, 2 springs, etc, The jack is in a black plastic bag. I want to put it back in the spare tire holder as correctly. Thanks in advance.

Different years had different locations. My '90 the jack handle was secured behind the drivers seat with two hold down clips that attached to the rear seat mounting bolts (the back ones, not as a Vette has a rear seat LOL.) On my '96 the jack, handle, ect has a foam holder that stores in the cubby hole behind the passenger seat.

Not exactally sure where the jack goes for your '93.

:w
:pat
G

When you say "jack handle" do you mean the emergency lug nut wrench? Like heartbeat says, it goes behind the driver's seat, just move the seat all the way forward and you'll see the two mounting bolts for the seat, the wing nuts attach to those bolts.

As far as the jack itself, it goes inside the plastic bag, then you put it in the middle of the spare tire, then that big spring goes in one of the holes in the spare wheel and you clip the entire jack with that big spring so it stays secure inside the wheel.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom