Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Jeep Owner Teaches Corvette Owner a Lesson?

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
So, this article/picture has been traveling all over the web today, and I'm curious what others think here.

A++ work to this Jersey bro with a muddy Jeep why you should never park like an *******. AnotherCJMajor was coming back from “off-roading up north” when he got stuck in a two-hour cluster**** of North Jersey traffic. He pulled into a “semi-busy restaurant” only to find this jack-hole in a Corvette parked in a way that takes up two spaces. “Pssshhhh, I’ll show him,” he said, pulling his Jeep right over the curb to park in a way that will make this man’s life a very confusing hell for a couple of seconds. In his own words:

I was stuck in traffic for 2 hours here in NJ and when I got to where I wanted to eat I saw this in a semi-busy parking lot. I figured I’d do this because I wasn’t taking up two spaces and **** people like this. The reaction on his face when he got laughed at going in his car was priceless.

attachment.php

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dak1n0GZTRg" allowfullscreen="" height="360" width="640" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Attachments

• p5P280E.jpg
    p5P280E.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 171
  • Admin
So in this situation - who is the bigger moron? The Jeep owner or the Corvette owner?

My opinion: the Jeep owner. I am willing to admit, that if the parking lot was full or busy, the Corvette owner should have taken only one spot, but if there was plenty of parking available, I see no problem with taking two.

My rationale: in this day and age, the majority of people out there do not have respect for other people's property. People are always slamming their doors into other cars, or just being careless when getting in and out of their car.

Personally, I try to park my Corvette as far away from everyone as possible. However, more often than not, I come out and find one or two cars parked right next to mine - even though I parked all the way at the end of the lot and there was a ton of parking available in the parking lot.

Case in point - several years ago I parked at the end of a parking lot - in one spot. I came out and found some ******* parked right next to the driver's side of my car. So close - I couldn't even fit sideways between the two cars. I stood out there and waited until he approached. He didn't even look up at me. Said nothing, got in his car and drove away. I did absolutely nothing wrong - took a single parking space, and parked in no-man's land in a parking lot. Yet this moron felt he needed to make a point?

In my opinion - this Jeep owner falls right into the same category as the ******* that parked next to me.

Who cares who the biggest moron is. That image is ****ing hilarious.

If I was driving my Blazer ZR2 into a crowded parking lot and saw a car parked like that, even if it was a Corvette, I'd do the same damn thing. ;LOL

There are people who park close to a Corvette as they know there is no way the owner can get into it.

Someone in a new Challenger double parked blocking my grandson and someone else in when they had to leave for class. They left him/her a note and hitched a ride to class:

"Sorry for the damage
Learn how to park"

;LOL;LOL

I always park as far away as needed, and yes, someone will always park next to you out in the boondocks..maybe to irritate you or maybe just because they figure you aren't going to ding their car.

As for the taking 2 spots, I believe you are asking for trouble when you do that. Love what the jeep did, hilarious.

I've been following the comments over at the Yahoo! (tm) article about this, and the S-storm of hate for Corvette drivers is unbelievable! On top of that, some of the comments by Corvette drivers defending this are fueling the hatred.

I always try to park far away, and yes, usually some deuche has parked right up next to me when there are dozens of spots avaialble, closer. However, anyone who parks their car this way, Vette or whatever type of car, is only demanding trouble.

I think the Vette owner got off easy this time, and hopefully learned an important lesson. There are plenty of haters in the world who have never worked hard for anything in their life, and never will. They hate you and what you own. Or, they hate life in general, and their life specifically, and they're going to take it out on others. They are more than happy to key your Vette, or worse. And of course there are others who feel they are the hall monitor and are going to make the world right, at least for a day.

Not everyone loves Vettes and they certainly don't love your Vette as much as you do. That's reality and common sense. I suggest dealing with it by being respectful of others and their property (that's what I like to think of as good karma) and not taking two parking spaces, ever. Not even in the boonies of the parking lot.

Then hope for the best. Otherwise, just leave your Vette in the garage and only take it out to car shows and on 'Drive Your Vette to Work' day.

Haters are haters, if you have something nice, they will hate you. Frankly, I got more snide remarks and looks with an 06 Mustang GT I recently sold than either of the 2 vettes I have had over the past 10 years. Especially from the police.

You could have put any decent looking car in that picture in the article and it would have resulted in the same comments. It isn't so much that its a vette, its the owners attitude. And for someone to defend that attitude..it's like wow...but its not like we haven't seen the stupidity gene rise exponentially over the past 6 or 7 years.

I see an idiot illegally parked on a sidewalk endangering pedestrians.

Otter,
I got the same jealous attitude from one egotistical assholish type at work when I put the blower on.
Did you put it on yourself?
Well, not exactly.
Some people lack the mechanical skills blah de blah.
Unn, actually a guy let me use his garage, it is an old service station with a lift, a pit and an air compressor. It made it a lot easier than jack stands and crawling.
Oh.... Did you tune it..
You need a dyno to tune a blower.
Oh... Bet it drinks gas.
Not exactly, it still gets well over 30.

Some folks don't get the care, money and work others invest in their vehicle. It is gross when they are a mechanical engineer in the automotive sector.

So in this situation - who is the bigger moron? The Jeep owner or the Corvette owner?

My opinion: the Jeep owner. I am willing to admit, that if the parking lot was full or busy, the Corvette owner should have taken only one spot, but if there was plenty of parking available, I see no problem with taking two.

My rationale: in this day and age, the majority of people out there do not have respect for other people's property. People are always slamming their doors into other cars, or just being careless when getting in and out of their car.

Personally, I try to park my Corvette as far away from everyone as possible. However, more often than not, I come out and find one or two cars parked right next to mine - even though I parked all the way at the end of the lot and there was a ton of parking available in the parking lot.

Case in point - several years ago I parked at the end of a parking lot - in one spot. I came out and found some ******* parked right next to the driver's side of my car. So close - I couldn't even fit sideways between the two cars. I stood out there and waited until he approached. He didn't even look up at me. Said nothing, got in his car and drove away. I did absolutely nothing wrong - took a single parking space, and parked in no-man's land in a parking lot. Yet this moron felt he needed to make a point?

In my opinion - this Jeep owner falls right into the same category as the ******* that parked next to me.

That's not my opinion. This isn't a car type issue, this is a type of person issue. The biggest moron was definitely the Vette owner, he started the issue. The Vette owner was totally asking for it, and he is probably luck that was all that happened. If you want to take up two parking spaces, then you had better be pretty far away from any easiest/popular/most often used parking spot. I don't even think the Jeep owner cared what kind of car was parking that way, he was just making a statement that needed to be made. I like the Jeep owners sense of humor. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom