Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Jet-Hot Manifold Coating

Corvette
1964 Red Convertible
Hello everyone. Well, I finally got the manifolds back from Jet-Hot and they look great !! As some of you may remember a while back UPS was holding them hostage. They never made it to the Jet-Hot facility in Mississippi. It took almost 30 days to get them back so I could send them to Jet-Hot in Arizona. Today, when I got home, they were waiting for me at the front door. I'm attaching (I hope) a couple of pics. Also in the engine pic, you will see the Corvette Steering Power Steering Gearbox, which is the project that got all this started. So far, the hardest part has been finding pulleys that would work with the power steering pump I purchased from March Performance.

Neatens things up quite a bit.

looks like the extra wait from UPS losing them for a while was worth it in the long-run. They look great! :beer

TleBlanc,

The exhaust manifolds look great. Mind if I ask how much the Jet-Hot coating costs; I'm thinking of having this done to mine.

Thanks,

Bernie O.

nice job!!!!

What if you didn't smooth them out and only just sand blasted them.....would they still coat them? It is better than having the rust of the things all the time......

Bwmurph - They charged me $195 plus shipping back to me for a total of $222 (I think was the total). You'll also want to consider the shipping cost to their plant in the equation too.

Firstgear - Yes, all you really need to do is remove the manifold and ship it to them. They clean and prepare them for the coating. However, the finish won't be a smooth. I spent about 10 hrs polishing on mine before shipping them to Jet-Hot. I have another post in this forum... the title is "UPS is holding my manifolds hostage" that has a before shipping picture attached.

They claim the coating will reduce the surface tempurature on headers by 300 degrees. I wished I would have done a before temperature measure on mine prior to removing them to have them coated.

Their website is www.jet-hot.com if you call their Mississippi plant at 800-432-3379, ask for Matt. He was very helpful, and even sent me some literature along with a video on the process. They also do coating in gray and black too.

If I look close enough it seems that you have changed out the steering....I think I can see a universal attached to the steering column...is that right? Did you put the Myers IFS on your car? If so, what do you think?

Firstgear,

I am in the final stages of installing a conversion kit from Corvette Steering. So far things have gone pretty well, with the most problem being that of finding the correct pulley configuration. I hope to be able to road test it next weekend if all goes well. While I had everything out, I also decided to install a dual reservoir master cylinder. I chose to go with a MC for a 67 Camaro with 4 wheel drum brakes. I still have drum brakes on all 4 wheels. It seems like everytime you do something, you find something else that you figure, "might as well do that now while I got it apart". The car has been down for a while, and with cooler weather finally creeping down to the Houston area, I am ready go get her road ready.

You can find out more about the steering conversion kit at this website:

www.corvettesteering.com/Install.htm

TLeBlanc,

Thanks for the info on the cost of Jet Hot Coatings; not as expensive as I thought it would be. And it looks great and should last almost forever, shouldn't it?

Thanks again,

Bernie O.

Bwmurph said:
TLeBlanc,

Thanks for the info on the cost of Jet Hot Coatings; not as expensive as I thought it would be. And it looks great and should last almost forever, shouldn't it?

Thanks again,

Bernie O.

How long it holds up with be the true test :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom