Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

John Heinricy: NCM Hall of Fame Nomination

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Posting for Fred Gallasch as forwarded to the CAC by Maureen Milner. The Corvette Action Center recognizes the valuable contributions that Mr. Heinricy has made to the Corvette and the hobby, and fully supports this nomination to the National Corvette Museum's Hall of Fame:
--------------------------------------------------------------------

John Heinricy is the name behind the Grand Sport. If you are unfamiliar with him, Google his name - his accomplishments in racing, General Motors Engineering and as a Corvette Enthusiast are far too many to list.

As members of the CAC and Corvette owners we can assist in nominating John into the NCM Hall of Fame. Please read the following message - it explains the process we will be involved in.

Letters from us, the Corvette owner, enthusiasts and members of the NCM must pull some weight with the Museum!

Sent: Friday, April 06, 2012 5:40 PM
Subject: John Heinricy and National Corvette Museum

Some time ago, I realized that John Heinricy had not been inducted into the Hall of Fame at the National Corvette Museum. Though his presence is there in displays and his accomplishments, he has never received this honor. I tried an initiative last year with little success so I am pursuing it this year.

As mentioned on the Recommendation Form, I need:

1. papers and/or articles by and/or about John
2. letters of recommendation: "Letters of recommendation weigh heavily in the committee's consideration of the impact of the nominee's achievements. Letters should describe the nominee's contributions to the Corvette hobby."
3. photographs of John in his many roles with Corvette
4. any other materials that you believe will support his candidacy

Please address your letters to:

Wendell Strode & Hall of Fame Selection Committee
National Corvette Museum
350 Corvette Drive
Bowling Green, KY 42101

You are welcome to mail your letter directly to the Museum but, PLEASE, you must send me copies so I can place them in his nomination package.
Send other supporting materials to me only.

You can email me at: fredgallasch@sbcglobal.net

As you know, they select honorees in three categories: Enthusiasts, Motorsports, and GM.
Obviously John has contributed in all three categories so please mention his contributions in all three.

Please respond by early May so I have adequate time to complete and send the package to the selection committee.

If you have any questions, please contact me and thanks in advance for your help.

Fred Gallasch
fredgallasch@sbcglobal.net

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom