Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

John - Thanks much for conversation and tour of your garage today...

Corvette
2012 💯 4LT GS Roadster
29m96xj.jpg

4i2yg6q.jpg

2renu4y.jpg

2djcs5g.jpg

48eiu0m.jpg

3yhgb40.jpg

4dr810h.jpg

I don't know which is making me drool more... that garage or the '67 blue Vette. :drool:
That Dark Green 1969 Z/28 302 Camaro is not anything to Sneeze at either!!!!!!!!!:drool: :J :drool: :J :drool: :J :drool: :J :drool::J :drool: :J :drool: :J :drool: :J:upthumbs

Sweet Mother of Jesus!

Now that's a garage!

The gentleman in the blue polo literally reminds me of my father-in-law by the way of his looks. Is that you JohnZ?

Congratulations on a fine garage.:upthumbs

yep, that is John in the blue shirt. :)
A true gentleman in the hobby and besides freely sharing his knowledge I guess he is now giving garage tours! ;LOL

Both cars are GREAT!. BTW, I understand that John's Z/28 is actually a show quality condition ORIGINAL, UNMOLESTED, UNRESTORED car!

I guess he is now giving garage tours! ;LOL

were there any free donuts and coffee as well? Any samples for visitors to take? How about the gift shop?........looks GREAT!!!

were there any free donuts and coffee as well? Any samples for visitors to take? How about the gift shop?........looks GREAT!!!

My "gift shop" goodies went to our annual NCRS Chapter Swap Meet today - made a few bucks, didn't have to handle credit cards :D .

Dwayne, enjoyed meeting you - we share some professional Manufacturing Engineering background; good luck on your upcoming project.

:beer

My "gift shop" goodies went to our annual NCRS Chapter Swap Meet today - made a few bucks, didn't have to handle credit cards :D .

Dwayne, enjoyed meeting you - we share some professional Manufacturing Engineering background; good luck on your upcoming project.

Beautiful John. Question. I have a detached 2 car garage that I am connecting to the house. The new added garage will be 36' wide. How deep is your garage and how tall are the ceilings? I want to put a lift in mine as well and wondered on the minimum needed.

Thanks John. Beautiful!

Best regards,
Sal

Beautiful John. Question. I have a detached 2 car garage that I am connecting to the house. The new added garage will be 36' wide. How deep is your garage and how tall are the ceilings? I want to put a lift in mine as well and wondered on the minimum needed.

Thanks John. Beautiful!

Best regards,
Sal

It's 58' wide x 44' deep, with a 12' ceiling; I did the ceiling at 12' so I could fully open the garage door over the lift with a car up at full working height. The insulated sectional doors are oversize in both dimensions (18' x 8'), and the one in the lift bay is set up as a "high-lift" with the horizontal tracks only 8" from the ceiling and an extra top panel (not visible from outside) to get the proper geometry to lift the door vertically with a horizontal puller. :)

DoorLift.JPG

It's 58' wide x 44' deep, with a 12' ceiling; I did the ceiling at 12' so I could fully open the garage door over the lift with a car up at full working height. The insulated sectional doors are oversize in both dimensions (18' x 8'), and the one in the lift bay is set up as a "high-lift" with the horizontal tracks only 8" from the ceiling and an extra top panel (not visible from outside) to get the proper geometry to lift the door vertically with a horizontal puller. :)

DoorLift.JPG

I'm not sure that I can manage 12' but may be able to build a 12 high tray into the trusses. Thanks John.

Here's a solution a friend of mine chose. A Camaro sized 'Relief' in his ceiling.

Sweet Garage!
I love the lift but unfortunately with the subdivision rules here and the design of my garage, I will only be able to have a 9 ft finished ceiling. The part that really gets under my skin is that 3 of us own the whole subdivision and theres nothing I can do to get a variance. We went a little lot buying crazy . Hopefully mine will be under construction this summer so I can have it for the cold weather months that I know are coming.

Beautiful in and out. From the outside you would never think so much heavy duty wrenching could be going on inside. But I guess that's the idea.

Thanks for sharing your wealth of Corvette knowledge with us all.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom