Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Jujubee's picture again

blocker44

Corvette
2000 Nassau blue convertible
Compare the jujubee picture with the one in Autoweek.
5c6a.jpg

Yah, but remember, those beta cars were heavily cammoed in front and rear. Auto Week has no more idea about the shape of the headlights than we do. Also, both photoshops have more front overhang than we will see on the C6. Jujubee did good, but not dead on.

I like Jujubee's version alot better. Even though the features are nearly identical, the yellow vert seems to have a more aggressive look. Autoweek's version looks more tame and bland. Any comments, Black Ice?:D

Jujubee has a more correct look the Autoweek car has a Loooong nose for some reason. Im not sure why they did that because you can see the real overhang to be much shorter. The basic look is correct in both pics but not exact. Jujubee even showed us the butt correctly if you look close. I knew Jujubee had to be right when I saw the pic a few months ago because I knew the C6 was to have the same door handles as XLR and he had that right. Then when I saw a beta car I thought Oh Oh Juju is going to get a spanking! The beta car I saw in person also had some pieces missing and was not in 100% finished form sad to say. But both cars are a good rendering of what you will find in the showrooms next year.

Thanks, BI. Also, could you tell us, if possible, which concept has the more accurate portrayal of the headlights ( shape, etc.)? The Autoweek version has more conventional headlights while Jujubee's version seems to have the color of the car flowing into the headlight pod, like a 360 Modena. So, who's right? :beer

That Jujubee knew!!! Long Live Jujubee!!!
:m

Well the Beta I saw had Oval shaped lights thats why I said that little engeneering sketch found on the net was close. Dave hill has even said that the headlights were styled after the early C1s also that bottom intake if you use your imagination looks a little like a C1 grill kinda sort of. The head light shape might have changed a little when Lutz started to say it looked to Viper like. Thats why I think the oval lights are the ones they choose. The Autoweek lights look kinda Viperish to me and this is what sent Lutz reeling in the first place.

I have to say, I hate the SS rims, which they have on the white Autoweek rendition there. I hope the C6 doesn't sport those. They are too gimmicky. I like a more machined look.

I think the front and rear-end of jujubee's picture are close to what we will get. However he simply photoshopped that from the Tigershark C5, so the body we see there is just the C5 with a few cosmetic changes. I think the real C6 will have different overall body dimensions.

Brett

Well what you see on the Jim Dunne pics is the C6. So the side panels of Autoweeks pics are correct its just that wierd long Jag like nose Autoweek added to it is wrong.

Just to be difficult ... I really, really like the wheels in the Auto Week rendering. But even if I could get a good view of the Beta's wheels, it might not be an indicator. We've all seen mules and Betas with wheels that never made it to production.

The Auto Week wheel is tight to me they just need to be chrome so thay can bling bling in the sunshine. I like wheels that are fat and shine bright. GM has a way of using some of the ugliest wheels i.e. all the C4's were just gross. The 97 & 98's were ok and the 2000's are cool but I don't like the fact that you can see so much of the brakes and I know people like to show off the red caliper but IMO give me fat chrome. Jujubee's wheel is simple and tipical of GM's plan jane looking wheels. They need to be so bad that you won't have to consider an aftermarket wheel like the 2000+ wheels. My 98 came with them and there were pleasing enough that I kept them but the C6 should have something that's out of the box and the jujubee wheel ain't it.

Black Ice said:
I think Jujubee has the right C6 wheel.

I wondered just where Jujubee got those wheels??? I think they are close to the C6 wheel, and I've not seen them anywhere else.

Beta Car Wheels

C6Spy10.jpg

C6Spy11.jpg

These are lightened up from the Dunne/AW shots. The spokes appear to overlap the rim like the Solstice wheels on the AW speculation but the Beta spokes are narrower and seem to have depressions down the middle of each spoke.

Whadda ya think?

David

Good job DavidWP in lightening up that photo those wheels are ok just a somewhat thicker version of the C5 wheels. It's been said that beta wheels may not even show up in production. I believe they can do better. I really like how the AW wheel is caved in the center and fatter spokes.:upthumbs

Lil' Red said:
I really like how the AW wheel is caved in the center and fatter spokes.:upthumbs

:beer I think the AW wheels are great!!!! Much better than the front end of their guess.

Glad you're happy with your investment. I've been driving my C4 for more than 16 years. The C4 will be a classic and you will enjoy it very much. BUT, this C6 forum is to discuss the newest evolution of a great machine - Corvette. There is no competion between vette gens just commoraderie. Enjoy your car, and let us know if you run accross any juicy pics of the C6.

Save the wave
:v

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom