Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Just a question

D

Dragonslayer

The new C6 will have 400 HP and the same automatic transmission that I have in my 2001. When the Z06 came out, they stated that they could not put in an automatic transmission, because it could not handle the extra horsepower. The Z06 has 405 and the new C6 will have 400. Am I missing something? It just doesn't make sense. I'm sure there is a excellent explanation out there.

p.s. Although I really like the exterior of the new C6, with it's retro edgy look, the sterile interior leave me cold. I like the C5 interior which feels more organic and flowing. The interior of the C6 looks more luxo and identical to every other new car then a one of a kind stand out unique design. Just my opinion. Maybe when i see it up clsoe and personal I'll have a different viewpoint.

:Steer :Steer

The C6 gearbox is a revised model!

The new gearbox has a new designation and sports a different stronger design.

After seeing the car at Detroit today I thought that the interior had a higher quality look than in the past. Not taking anything away from the C5 which I like also but the materials and execution seemed to be on a higher level. That light tan leather on the show car had a very rich look. I liked the new guages with the big easy to read numbers. It could be that at my age I like anything that is easy to read though. :L

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom