Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Just bought today.

Paul Higg

Corvette
2007 Monterey Red
2007, 3LT. 30K on the clock. $31,900.

DSCN5151.jpg

Another one. Still learning all the bells & whistles

DSCN5152.jpg

Nice ride. Do you know the GM color name for that red? I like it a lot. It looks darker than normal to me, maybe it's just the outside lighting though. :)

Nice ride. Do you know the GM color name for that red? I like it a lot. It looks darker than normal to me, maybe it's just the outside lighting though. :)

Monterey Red.
07 was the last year for that color. It's kinda burgundy. Real nice red.

Thanks.:w

Nice looking ride there Paul.

Nice looking ride there Paul.

Thanks Tom. It took a long time to find. I looked at hundreds and hundreds of Vettes.

The C6, with every single possible RPO imaginable is very complicated. I have a lot of learning to do. It's like learning to fly a new plane when I used to fly.

I can't believe this car had one owner in Hunginton Beach, all maintenance including oil changes done at the dealer, non-smoker, very well maintained. What a difference between a C5 and a C6. Even the doors are electronic.

The nav system takes an engineering degree to learn! But I love that kind of stuff.

I have never seen such an advanced car in my life. It really is amazing.

It handles like a dream, it even has special handling at slow speeds, very tight.

It came with the original Eagle run flats but next week I'm gonna put Michelin Pro Pilot sport AS ZPs. I had Michelins on my C5 but they weren't run flats. These Eagles aren't as bad as people make them out to be. The ride is nice, I don't feel anythin gin the road as people claim. I just need to replace them be ause of tread wear as I read the Eagles don't last too long.

Too much fun. :)

Paul, congratulations on the C6! Monterey Red is my wife's favorite color for a Vette. If I ever decide to upgrade to a C6, it WILL be a Monterey Red one! Good luck with it!
Andy :w

Congrats on the beautiful C6. But what happened to your love affair with C5s?

Here is your post of less than a month ago.

"I liked my C4 but I love the C5 much more.
I come from an airline background, aircraft cockpits.
To me the C5 is a lot like a cockpit of a 777.
The C6 on the other hand is similar to a lowly Cessna 172.
I've sat in boatloads of 'em but never drove one.
The power and handling don't really get me excited, I like the way a C5 looks. The exterior is sexy, the interior is lush.
The C6's interior to me is Spartan. Plain, it looks as plain as my mother-in-law's Hyundai.
when I'm in my car it's like flying, you become one with the machine.
Maybe I could get used to a C6 but w/o all the buttons and gadgets it's not the same.
Just my opinion for what it's worth."

What was your Epiphany? Just curious.:L

You beat me to this question! I've been wondering about this, too. Paul???

Elaine

Congrats on the beautiful C6. But what happened to your love affair with C5s?

Here is your post of less than a month ago.

"I liked my C4 but I love the C5 much more.
I come from an airline background, aircraft cockpits.
To me the C5 is a lot like a cockpit of a 777.
The C6 on the other hand is similar to a lowly Cessna 172.
I've sat in boatloads of 'em but never drove one.
The power and handling don't really get me excited, I like the way a C5 looks. The exterior is sexy, the interior is lush.
The C6's interior to me is Spartan. Plain, it looks as plain as my mother-in-law's Hyundai.
when I'm in my car it's like flying, you become one with the machine.
Maybe I could get used to a C6 but w/o all the buttons and gadgets it's not the same.
Just my opinion for what it's worth."

What was your Epiphany? Just curious.:L

Very nice ride. I hope you get to enjoy it for many years to come!

You beat me to this question! I've been wondering about this, too. Paul???

Elaine

First, I have no idea why I am not receiving these posts via e-mail. it is annoying.

OK, here's the deal.

I changed my mind when I drove this C6 which is RPO'd to the max. I mean it has every single little last option you could possible order from Chevy.

I like the REAL tight handling of the C6 in slower speeds compared to the C6. The C5 seemed MUCH wider as compared to the C6. I'm totally enamored of the C6 now. I still love the real sleek, almost feminine curves of a C5 but a C6 looks like pure muscle.

Having said that it really is a toss up. I now like 'em both but I prefer the C6 with the maxed RPOs.

Sometime I'll tell you a story about this billionaire in Reno who collected hundreds of brand new cars. 30 of them were brand new C5 anniversary editions. A dealer here in GA bought them all and he has like seven left. They have 15 miles on them. I was THIS close to buying one but my credit union would only finance what the car was worth, book value. They didn't understand it was brand new. I could go on if ya'll ask me to as it is a long story but these cars are loaded, anniversary C5s.

First, I have no idea why I am not receiving these posts via e-mail. it is annoying.

Perhaps you've clicked on the "Subscription" box which is just below the Attachments section when you replying to posts? That is the usual way of getting notifications via email. :)

Glad you're enjoying your C6.

-Mac

Perhaps you've clicked on the "Subscription" box which is just below the Attachments section when you replying to posts? That is the usual way of getting notifications via email. :)

Glad you're enjoying your C6.

-Mac

Hi Mac. Yeah, I always have the "Instantly, using email" set and a check in the box. Very odd.

I get some notifications but not all. I'll just check the forum more often. :w

Hi Mac. Yeah, I always have the "Instantly, using email" set and a check in the box. Very odd.

I get some notifications but not all. I'll just check the forum more often. :w

It's odd that you would get some emails and not others... but feel free to check in more often!

-Mac

07 to 08

I hear the 08 is even better with the LS3 motor, better steering feel, interior appointment upgrades and better sound insulation. Is the 08 that much better than an 07, as I am considering upgrading from my 04 Commemorative Edition coupe with only 22K miles. :beer

There are some subtle differences

I hear the 08 is even better with the LS3 motor, better steering feel, interior appointment upgrades and better sound insulation. Is the 08 that much better than an 07, as I am considering upgrading from my 04 Commemorative Edition coupe with only 22K miles. :beer

A co-worker has a loaded 3LT Z51 07 I have a loaded 3LT Z51 08. Appearence inside and out are identicle, 405 hp LS2 vs 436 hp LS3 (NPP option) and a different version Tremec transmission are the most noticible differences.

Paul great looking ride :upthumbs enjoy!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom