Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Just Call me Billy Bad A**

H

Hijinx

Man, OH, Man. I got my Vette back from the shop today with all the new brakes and rear T-arms and such. Went straight to the tire shop and traded up for the 295/50's and they fit!!!!! :_rock

Just barely. I have, maybe, 1/4 of an inch between the inside rubber and the rear sway bar! But man do they look sweet!!! :cool

Here are a couple of shots of them;
Tire Shot 1 - http://home.attbi.com/~hijinx1/295tire1.jpg
Tire Shot 2 - http://home.attbi.com/~hijinx1/295tire2.jpg

For anyone who does not know, I had a brake problem and decided to replace all my brake lines, calipers and such. I then, since it was torn down, decided to get the off-set trailing arms and have mine replaced and everything redone. That made room for the 295's.

For those of you who have followed this, the whole deal cost me almost $1000 less than I had expected. I got all that done for just under $3000. That's brakes, T-arms, bearings, stub axles, everything. I am soooooo jazzed!!!!!

OH, yea, one more thing. Those 295's are running on the stock 8 inch rims. 10 inch would never have worked without throwing it out-board more. Backspacing would be critical. Thought you would like to know.

Also, drove her around this afternoon for a while with a full tank of gas, my big 250 pound a**, and my wife and had no rubbing issues what so ever!

Ya, gotta love it when a plan comes together!

A-Team???

"Ya, gotta love it when a plan comes together!"

i remember when hannibal would say that on the a-team.... :cool

B Bass... :)
those wheels do look sweet!
What kind of mufflers and exhaust system do you have?

40 series Flowmasters and a set of shotgun tips. I still need to replace the pipes going forward. I am waiting to decide what type of manifolds I will ultimately use - my original rams horns or headers.

Now that is phattttttt.

I bet it feels great to have her back!

How about a longer 3/4 rear picture.

"T"....... '73 came only with the rear chrome bumpers. It was the first year with a rubber nose. '72 was the last true all chrome bumper Shark.

Hijinx........ the 295's look great. Any problems mating to the stock rims? I had a heck of a time mating 255's to my 8" mags. I ended up having to help the guy at NTB do it. But at least my rims didn't get gouged up. How come you didn't keep the stove-pipe tips? I loved the one's on my '72. $3K for the whole set up is a great price too. Post more pics when you can.

............ Nut

400HP_76,
That's the way the '73 came. Only year the Vette had a metal rear bumper and the new urathane front.

Chris,
I made one, but it was overcast today here and you could not make out enough detail. I will definitely be making some additional shots this weekend when I have some more time. Last night I helped the guy that lives behind me change plugs and wires in his '99 Ford pickup. So I didnt have time to do it right. Man, am I glad I have Chevy's. Changing those in that Ford was a nightmare! The plugs are in a well a good 3 inches deep. I had to use my longest extension just to get to them, sometimes my two longest together. What were those engineer's thinkin! Had no less than 15 wire clamps too. The kind that you have to fight to get open. It took us over 3 hours to do the job! Never again!:(

My neighbor had...HAD, an Expedition. It made a loud pop noise one night, then all kinds of noise and loss of power. he asked me to take a peak as it had just run out of warranty.

My first encounter with the over head cam, individual coil pack, spark plug in the hole engine design. Long story short, I found his #5 plug was blown clear out of the head. The prior mechanic had cross threaded it, (no big surprise when you realize what fellow has to do just to access the plugs with a normal spark plug socket and extension) and the compression eventually pushed it through.

He took it to the dealer. Turned out to be nearly $3,000 for parts and labor to tear the upper half off the motor, repair the thread, and put it back together. Now that is an explensive tune up!

I agree with you, I think it is a poor design.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom