Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Just Finished My 1981 Vette... Pics!!!!

I never get tired of seeing your car you did a really nice job.

Hey thanks a lot Larry, didn't know you were on this site too, my wife and I are really enjoying cruising in the Vette :cool. I don't visit this site as much as Corvette Forum but it also has tons of useful info. :thumb

Hey thanks a lot Larry, didn't know you were on this site too, my wife and I are really enjoying cruising in the Vette :cool. I don't visit this site as much as Corvette Forum but it also has tons of useful info. :thumb

Randall, Vette owner freaks tread most all the boards. Some lurk (like me) on some more then others. Your threads on the basket case to the running machine are fantastic. As I pointed out on another board/thread..just because you now have it on the road does NOT mean you must stop with the pics ;) Killer car you now have...BIG PROPS to you and your buddy with the shop!!

c-ya
ToddG:upthumbs

Randall, Vette owner freaks tread most all the boards. Some lurk (like me) on some more then others. Your threads on the basket case to the running machine are fantastic. As I pointed out on another board/thread..just because you now have it on the road does NOT mean you must stop with the pics ;) Killer car you now have...BIG PROPS to you and your buddy with the shop!!

c-ya
ToddG:upthumbs

Hey, thanks a lot Todd, I sure will post some more pics of the car. :thumb

Congratulations....enjoy. Just purchased my 1981 Vette. Started doing some work on it. In the middle of creating a wish list so that I can do things in some order or importance. Had 2 prior owners (approx 74500 miles) one of those a mechanic but I'm not using him for any work so I found someone that specializes (Precision Corvette) in Vettes but will test him making certain that he's good and not overcharging me at the same time. Live in So FL (Ft Lauderdale) so if you know of someone trustworthy I would sure appreciate any recommendations...

Congratulations....enjoy. Just purchased my 1981 Vette. Started doing some work on it. In the middle of creating a wish list so that I can do things in some order or importance. Had 2 prior owners (approx 74500 miles) one of those a mechanic but I'm not using him for any work so I found someone that specializes (Precision Corvette) in Vettes but will test him making certain that he's good and not overcharging me at the same time. Live in So FL (Ft Lauderdale) so if you know of someone trustworthy I would sure appreciate any recommendations...

Don't know of any in your area Jerry sorry about that, the mechanic I use is about 20 miles from me, the guy really knows Corvettes and has a true passion for them, I wouldn't bring mine anywhere else.

Interior Colors

Since I purchased my 81 Vette I keep wondering about its interior color scheme. It's white (10) outside and basically red inside. Should everything be red inside? I have two tone red seats which are a bit worn so I'm going to strip it a put new leather and padding on it in what I believe to be it's original color medium red (752) but their on parts on the dash that are red and some black leading me to believe that perhaps this was the black parts were replaced at some point??? Should everything in the interior be medium red? Would someone be kind enough to enlighten me as to what the interior color should be one color or possible two black & red or what? Thanks

Awesome job !

Great job - enjoy it ! :w

Beautiful resto! (Among the job in general) I'm really impressed with how well you mated up the front bumper. Looks perfect!

:upthumbs

Finally installed my retrofit radio, it was on back-order from Mid America Motorworks.
Photo0246.jpg

Photo0261.jpg

Photo0260.jpg

Photo0262.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom