Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Just got done painting 1974 vette

the only downside is i cant buff it right now because i have got the flu :puke

Looks great. What color is that?

:D 2009 Cyber gray modified a bit to make it look a bit better imo.
can get the paint code on monday if interested

Yea thought it might be cyber gray or spial gray. Thanks

we took some of the wierd stuff out like clear white, yellow's, and some others because we wanted a bit darker of a color.

Looks awesome!

dsc08886w.jpg

GET ER DONE, then show more pictures!!!!!! How much to paint it, need details since I'm getting ready to do it.

Well I sorta got a crash course in vette painting and the work that goes into stripping, repairing shoddy body work, and then prep work that goes into making one of these cars look beautiful. I caught a lucky break because the owner of the shop is such a awesome guy and has been doing corvettes since he was about my age (he's 77 now) and taught me alot while i worked on the car, and gave me a space to work on it. So pretty much I did all the prep work up until spraying prime and the painting. though the paint cost a arm and a leg. :thumb oh by the way just got done removing any and all orange peel from the hood and buffing back to a mirror shine :D not back for a 19 year old corvette noob lol will have more pictures soon.

Well bad news, something hit one of the muffles and got the tip way too close to the bumper and I didnt notice so when i took the car for a ride on the highway it melted a small piece of the bumper and screwed up the paint.:mad You can't see it unless your looking for it but its discouraging to have gotten it perfect to have this happen on my first drive in 8 months. ahh well back to the shop to make the repairs and repaint the bumper... :cry

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom