Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Just got the 54 Vette home

Very exciting project. Looking through those boxes will be great. :w
The top has a larger rear window than the one I have. I'd like to see some pictures of the engine and under the dash.

Roger

Attachments

• dcxz6x.jpg
    dcxz6x.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 135
  • nxtgm9.jpg
    nxtgm9.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 141
  • 2db15s1.jpg
    2db15s1.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 145
  • 8ww1w3.jpg
    8ww1w3.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 133
  • 2ednv43.jpg
    2ednv43.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 126
Very exciting project. Looking through those boxes will be great. :w
The top has a larger rear window than the one I have. I'd like to see some pictures of the engine and under the dash.

Roger

Roger the engine in pcs. block, head, cam, crank, oil pan, carbs etc. I am going to sell off the engine, trans, hard top plus a lot of other things I am not going to need for this project. I would have to take everything out from inside the car to get pic from under the dash.Not going to do that right now. Maybe next week. Yes we look in the boxs while we loaded everything up and it looks like most everything is there and all origina to the car. This car was bought by the guy I bought it from back in 1967 for $650.00 and he gave the guy a $10.00 deposit to hold the car. The car was put in there garage and never moved after that. He started taking things off the car with the thought that he was going to redo it, bought extra parts and put them in boxs but the car just sat. Now the car sets in my garage and will set there till spring till I get time to start restoring it. I am going to go thru all the boxs of parts (I hope) next week to see what I will not need and what all will have to be rechromed or replaced. Things I don't need may be going to the NCRS event in FL. in January. This car still has the original jack and gas cap. Now that is how original this car is. Oh yeah, Thanks Roger for posting the pic on the CAC site for me.

interesting . i have a 54 coming up to do . it will be a restomod like the 57 i just finished. it's a pretty rough car though . will get a full surround first thing . i'll be looking for pics of your build. good luck with it .

Attachments

• coil covers.jpg
    coil covers.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 176
  • finished.jpg
    finished.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 130
interesting . i have a 54 coming up to do . it will be a restomod like the 57 i just finished. it's a pretty rough car though . will get a full surround first thing . i'll be looking for pics of your build. good luck with it .

Porch dog where did you buy your 54 Vette at. Post pic of it on a new thread and keep us posted with info and pic of your build also. :upthumbs :beer

Mike - If you are going to bring some parts to the Florida show, I would be interested in the battery hold down, bolts and the 6 volt headlights.
:w
Other interesting items would be the Footman Straps.

Roger

It may look like this when finished. I like the color. This was done by a guy on another Forum.
y2L.jpg

Mike, are you thinking of bringing the black hardtop to Florida?

Mike, are you thinking of bringing the black hardtop to Florida?

67vet, yes I am bringing the black hard top to the 54 to FL. The reason I am bringing it is not to put it on the booth space and sell, it is to deliver it to it's new owner. I will probably deliver it to him on Sunday the 23rd when we get there. Yeah it is already sold.

Glad you were able to sell the hardtop. :w
My reason for asking if you were bringing it was to be able to look at the type of latches that your top has.
I am going to redo my top and while at it possibly some different latches especially on the front. I would like something more secure that the little hook catches that I now have.
Hope to see you there.
Roger

Attachments

• aP1020233.jpg
    aP1020233.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 116
  • aP1020229.jpg
    aP1020229.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 136
  • aP1020223.jpg
    aP1020223.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 116
  • aP1020231.jpg
    aP1020231.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 122
  • aP1020227.jpg
    aP1020227.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 118
My 11 year old grandson has been helping me take the 54 apart. For his first time working on a car he is doing a good job and doing everything that I am asking him to. With my bad back he is a very big help getting up under the dash and taking out all the gauges and wiring. I am not in a big hurry so I have been waiting till the weekends to do a lot of things to the 54 so my grandson can help me. I just bought a 67 # matching Coupe this week so I will need to spend a little time on it detailing the engine bay. I would say in about another week I should be able to put the 54 up into the trailer to store it till it is ready to go the the shop where we will take the body off, strip the frame down to nothing on it and send it to sand blast and powder coating. This will give us time to start working on the body to get it ready for the top, windshield frame and windshiled, and new trunk panal to make fit. Plus I can now start spending big $$$$ for rechroming, buying replacement parts, new enging and trans, paint, custom interior, redoing the gauges, well you get the idea. It will be a $$$$ pit for a while. I did buy a repro grill for the car already, it is cheaper to buy one then have mine rechromed. I am looking at buying some tires and taking the wheels and tires off and getting the wheels sand blasted and powder coated before installing new times. As it is right now I do have one snow tire on it :chuckle so I guess you could say itis ready for all kinds of weather:L.I do think that one of the tires on it is an original tire from when the car was new. It will hold air but only for about 3 weeks. But when it goes down it is only flat on the bottom side and the other 3/4 of the tire looks OK :chuckle:rotfl:L.

at 6'6 250 i have to do the work under the dash with the car on the rotisserie . no way can i lay under the dash. i turn the car on it's side and stand up to work on them.

steve still has not decided to sell the 57 or keep it. he's having fun showing it right now. if he keeps it he will sell the 54's . if he sells it i will be building another one for him i guess.

Well with the help of my 11 year old grandson (dam am I that old) we pretty much have the 54 stripped out. Now just waiting on my friend to get an open spot in his shop so I can take the car over and we can take the body off the frame. Then strip the frame and sent it to Sandblast and Powder coat. Then will come all the body mods. It will be :cool!:.

I understand that you don't want to post pictures of your Grandson on the web, but I hope you have taken pictures of him working on the Corvette. :w

I have a photo album I am keeping all the pic in. From when we picked it up in NJ till the time it is finished. There will be a lot of pic's. My grandson is in it already and I am sure he will be in it more as time goes on. I am just about ready to wench it up into the trailer and store it for a little while till Brett gets room for it in his shop.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom