Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Just installed new poly Bushings

Marv02

Corvette
1986 C-4 Corvette
I just gotten done installing New Poly Busking kit in my 86.
Not bad just takes time the hardest part for me beside getting out of bed to get it done.
Was the aft upper A arm Bushing The Kit I Purchased this bushing is 1 piece you had to press it in I found using a hose clamp to help compress the flanged end to make it a smaller OD help get it going in to the A arm.
The rest of the kit everything was a 2 piece type replacement bushings very easy to replace.
For removing the old Rubber bushing a 12 ton Harbor freight Hdy press on sale and a propane torch used some sockets to help press out the old bushings.
Oh ya very messy the grim of the 1500000 mile of road grim on it.
I Love my Air tools a Air Impact to remove just everything put eveything back by hand and Tourqed everything to specs.
It took me 2 full days to do the job + I had to remove the batwing to reseal the rear end cover due to it was leaking oil.
On a scale of 1 to 10 I give it a 7.
For me pulling and reinstalling the 700r4 trans was easyer LOL.

Went for a 100 mile cruise I can say WOW.
Much nicer ride feels much tighter I am Happy with it.
I think the red Koni Shocks help out also.

Good for you....I've always found after working on a vehicle that it feels different. It is the hardest part.....getting started. Sometimes I'm on a roll with cars, other times I'm into other things.......way too many hobbies! Enjoy your good work!

Good for you....I've always found after working on a vehicle that it feels different. It is the hardest part.....getting started. Sometimes I'm on a roll with cars, other times I'm into other things.......way too many hobbies! Enjoy your good work!

I just dont trust taking my cars to the shop it seems about everytime I have it come out worst than it went in for.

Good for you!

I just dont trust taking my cars to the shop it seems about everytime I have it come out worst than it went in for.
Amen to that! Had that experience with the dealer I got the Vette from and recently with the largest BMW dealer. I care about my work and they are on the clock.

Congrats on the work and getting more intimate with your '86. The C4 is under-appreciated, IMHO, for what it can really deliver in performance even if it is a big step up in sophistication of the control systems.:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom