Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Just rode in a C6 and

A

attret00

I can hardly explain how it felt. My wife's boss got his C6 Thursday. Today I rode in a car that is vastly improved. What power, what torque, what a suspension. I still love my C2 but this one makes you think "I could change".:D

There are not a lot of cars that I can honestly say I lust after. There are even fewer that I can say, I become obsessed over. The Corvette is however, one of them.

Many many moons ago, when I graduated college, decided to reward myself with a Corvette, and set out to working two jobs for three years to build up the downpayment, I would read as much Corvette literature as I could get my hands on.

I picked one or two Corvettes that I absolutely loved, and whenever I saw a picture of them, I would just stare in lust, trying to imagine what it would feel like to get in, turn the ignition key, grab on to the steering wheel, and take off, running through the gears on an open stretch of road, enjoying the feel and sounds that only a Corvette can produce.

It was that imaginary fascination or obsession that got me through those three long years of hard work until the day arrived when my ZR-1 rolled into my driveway on top of a flatbed.

Yesterday afternoon, I was in the process of packing in preparation for a move, and I ran across a marketing pamphlet with a LeMans Blue Metallic C6 on it. It read...."0-60 in 4.2 seconds."

I just stared at that photo for a few seconds and started imagining what it would be like to be behind the wheel - at speed, running up the coast of northern New Hampshire and into Maine.

This morning, I read the latest Sports Car International magazine and inside is an excellent review of the C6 by Richard Prince. The photos were those of a silver C6, at speed and again, I started imagining what it would be like.....

Not since the days of working two jobs to save up for my ZR-1 had I looked at a Corvette with that longing, obsessive look. But by God....GM has done it again.

My wild-eyed, kid-like fascination and obsession is back again. ;)

I have to say the C6 is the very first car I have ever lusted after! I love the mid-years I think It would be great to own one someday. When I see the stingray it reminds me of my childhood...seeing that car run was awesome we would stare at it when we were kids. But never did I feel the NEED to have one. I must have read every article written about this car and everytime I read more on it I really want it.
Well I have the best husband in the world! This is a big year for me, I just got my masters degree, had a new baby and am turning 40 (how is that for a mid-life crisis!!!) So for our anniversary I got the most beautiful receipt in the world!!! My C6 vert is expected in sometime in the spring I am number 5 on the list!

Yeah ME!!!!!

Rob,

Have you started looking for that second job yet? :L

Was invited to one of GM's free drive any car you want events, last weekend. They had 6 C6 coupes, 3 automatics, 3 manuals. We drove them all on their pavement course. I have a '02 C5 coupe. I did not think their was enough of a difference in the cars to get that excited.

They were nice cars, however the dull aluminum pieces in the interior are plastic, and not metal. The interior falls way short of what I expected Bob Lutz to allow in Chevrolet's flagship automobile. For someone who has never owned a C5 version of a Corvette, this car would certainly WOW them. For the rest of us, it is a minor improvment over a already impressive generation.

By the way, here in California, our dealers are already marking them $10,000 to $15,000 over MSRP, typical!

Some factory rep brought a C6 to the Late Great Chevy's car show on saturday and I got the inspect and drive it. If you have a C5 now the wow factor won't be as big. It's a nice looking car. The outside I thought look very good. My only disapointment was the interior. Everything was strait and bulky looking imo. What is back however is the smaller driving quarters. There were some guys there that were 6ft or so and didn't really fit without their head touching the top or just and inch from the top.

Richard.

early shark said:
By the way, here in California, our dealers are already marking them $10,000 to $15,000 over MSRP, typical!

Are people actually paying $10-15K over MSRP out there? :(

Thanks for your thoughts on the C5 vs C6.....I'm still debating on which to upgrade to.I drove a few C5 and I don't know if the 50hp. difference is worth the truckload of extra cash needed to buy the C6...That Lemans Blue convertible is really tempting...I have a hard time dealing with the fact that a C6 purchase will result in having to make "car payments",something I have never done before and would rather not start.In any case,I'll always be driving in a convertible.

I don't know how many will accept this type of extorion. I tried to buy my '02 coupe in California, after checking 9 different dealers in a 300 miles radius, they varied between $5000 to $15000 over MSRP. I ordered a car from a dealer in Williston, North Dakota. He sold me the car for $6400 under MSRP and offered to have it delivered within 150 miles of my home at a dealership.

I actually drove up to the dealership to meet him and personally pick the car up, which was inside the showroom, roped off and had my name on the winshield, with a sold sign. Absolutely the best dealership I have ever dealt with!

By the way, that trip was 3800 miles round trip from my house. I would not hesitate to buy any future 'vettes from them.

Hey Rob did you just move to NH? I am in Londonderry. You need a C6. I'll exercise the ZR1 for you if you get one. :D

:beer

Rob, is this the pic? ;)

ext_gallery03.jpg

Got the same flyer in Car and Driver last month. I have similar feelings about the C6. It's the first car that has really gotten to me as well. It's not if I chose to get a C6, but when... :D

Leon

Rob said:
There are not a lot of cars that I can honestly say I lust after. There are even fewer that I can say, I become obsessed over. The Corvette is however, one of them.

Many many moons ago, when I graduated college, decided to reward myself with a Corvette, and set out to working two jobs for three years to build up the downpayment, I would read as much Corvette literature as I could get my hands on.

I picked one or two Corvettes that I absolutely loved, and whenever I saw a picture of them, I would just stare in lust, trying to imagine what it would feel like to get in, turn the ignition key, grab on to the steering wheel, and take off, running through the gears on an open stretch of road, enjoying the feel and sounds that only a Corvette can produce.

It was that imaginary fascination or obsession that got me through those three long years of hard work until the day arrived when my ZR-1 rolled into my driveway on top of a flatbed.

Yesterday afternoon, I was in the process of packing in preparation for a move, and I ran across a marketing pamphlet with a LeMans Blue Metallic C6 on it. It read...."0-60 in 4.2 seconds."

I just stared at that photo for a few seconds and started imagining what it would be like to be behind the wheel - at speed, running up the coast of northern New Hampshire and into Maine.

This morning, I read the latest Sports Car International magazine and inside is an excellent review of the C6 by Richard Prince. The photos were those of a silver C6, at speed and again, I started imagining what it would be like.....

Not since the days of working two jobs to save up for my ZR-1 had I looked at a Corvette with that longing, obsessive look. But by God....GM has done it again.

My wild-eyed, kid-like fascination and obsession is back again. ;)
Hey Rob, I want first dibs on the ZR-1 when you sell it....:)

Len:w

Lusting and still lusting.......... Anybody hiring, I need a second job. I feel the same Rob, first I thought that C5 was the best ever, now I think C6 is. I never thought GM could do that two times in a row. Now I am looking for either a gift, a chance to win one, or another job. The second job sounds like the only way. Love the site, I visit daily. Thank you.

I've had my C6 since August 26th. It's a Silver/Ebony Coupe with Z51, 1SB Pkg, NAV system, XM radio and Automatic trans with perf axle ratio.

Have had 7 other Vettes including a used ZR1 & four new C5's, two were Z06 models.

Favorite Vette? Hands down the C6! Each one gets better and better! Next one? Seriously looking at the C6 Z06 next year.

Edmond said:
Rob,

Have you started looking for that second job yet? :L
I'm already working the second job - approximately 60 hours per week. Not to afford a new C6 Z06, a '69 bigblock with side exhaust...a '96 Grand Sport....(should I continue? :D), but to afford a house and much larger garage to house all of them when I get them. :D :D

MoeJr said:
Hey Rob did you just move to NH? I am in Londonderry. You need a C6. I'll exercise the ZR1 for you if you get one. :D

:beer
Yup. I'm in Windham. :) I'll keep in mind that you're willing to exercise the ZR-1 for me, however, don't hold your breath. :L :L

Gorgon said:
Rob, is this the pic? ;)

ext_gallery03.jpg

Got the same flyer in Car and Driver last month. I have similar feelings about the C6. It's the first car that has really gotten to me as well. It's not if I chose to get a C6, but when... :D

Leon
Yep. That's the one. :)

nyerngaII said:
Hey Rob, I want first dibs on the ZR-1 when you sell it....:)

Len:w
As I've already said to someone else here....don't hold your breath. :L

I plan on driving the ZR till I'm too old to drive. Then and only then will I sell it...and make sure it gets sold to someone who will appreciate it, drive it and take care of it as I have.

God help the person who takes ownership of that car after me and doesn't take care of it. I don't care if I'm already dead. I'll come back and haunt their ass. It will be like a combination of the movies "The Exorcist" and Stephen King's "Christine", only 100-fold. ;LOL

5cac2-med.jpg

Rob said:
I'm already working the second job - approximately 60 hours per week. Not to afford a new C6 Z06, a '69 bigblock with side exhaust...a '96 Grand Sport....(should I continue? :D), but to afford a house and much larger garage to house all of them when I get them. :D :D

Rob,

You can't drive a house, but you can live in a car!:L:L:L

I thought you were in VA? Is the cost of living in NH more or less than VA?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom