Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Just saw a 50th for the first time

Corvette
none right now :(
I just saw my first 50th Ann. It was sitting in the showroom... I thought WOW there is the new 50th! All the hype, everyone talking about how great the ann. red looks.......

In the showroom, without sunlight, it looked like a shade of brown that I regularly flush down the toilet. I think chevy really stunk up the place on this golden year

how good of a look did you take?
i mean, what really disappointed you, other than the color which you obviously dislike?
i'm curious to see what you don't like about it. and what (if anything) imressed you.

sam

Interior looked great... I love how everything matches (finally!) for the shale color used it is very classy for everything to match... (for other colors I am not sure how it would look though, GM is supposed to start making all corvettes with matching interiors as early as next year as long as the dash doesn't glare too much on the 50th cars... I think my car looks good with the red/black combo, but tan and grey would look better matching)

The outside seriously looked bad... The wheels looked cheap compared to a regular 2003 with the polished wheels, and the paint looked terrible. I honestly thought the car was brown when I first saw it, then I realized it was a 50th.... oddly enough, no customers were looking at it in the showroom... it was front and center, but the popular vette to look at was a blue one sitting nearby.

Please tell all your friends interested in a 50th AE NOT to buy one. I have one, (I think it is great!!) but if GM sells only a few mine will be worth more.

Appreciate any help I can get.

NEWLY03

I don't think most care.... if it is any special edition of vette it will be bought... Heck, the most poplular color in '93 was Ruby Red... 6,749 of them were made... I would guess even more 50th ann. will be made.... when chevy doesn't set a limit on how many, it usually means how ever many cars can be sold is how many they will make.

??Limit 50th Anniversary

Hi, Is there going to be a limit on how many special 50th Anniversary Red Vettes that are built?
Will production be limited to a certain number and then thats it?? You mean if someone with the cash cannot go into a dealer and purchase one if the limit has been reached?

Thanks and what a great forum!!
Ant

Ant,

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center. According to the tour guide at the Corvette factory today, they are expecting production of Anniversary models to possibly reach 10,000 units. Obviously, it's too early to tell for sure, but based upon what I saw on the line the last 2 days, there are a LOT of 50ths being built.

It is a sharp color. The new Spiral Gray Metallic, is UNBELIEVABLE!

You should see this color under fluorescent light. The amount of metallic flake in the paint is extraordinary and it really has a lot of depth to it.

All Corvette's R Red . . . .

NEWLY03 said:
Please tell all your friends interested in a 50th AE NOT to buy one. I have one, (I think it is great!!) but if GM sells only a few mine will be worth more.

Appreciate any help I can get.

NEWLY03

Sorry, but they will probably sell gobs . . .

I've seen 1 in the Sunlight, It Looked Great :upthumbs

Does anyone know if GM is going to couple a Z06 in any 50th Anniversary Vette's ?

The Anniversary Edition will only be produced in the Coupe & Convertible. The Z06 would be cool though. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom