Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

K+N twin flow intake

LaMagred'02

Corvette
2002 Magnetic Red Coupe
Has anyone installed one of these?

As I am a non-mechanic, was it difficult to install?

Mine actually came with it on it when I bought it...

I take mine off to clean the filters since I've found that to be the easiest way, it's a piece of cake.

Yes, I loosen the engine side of my smooth tube in front of the intake manifold and take the whole thing off/out.

I guess once I actually get the intake in my hands it will make more sense.

No, my mechanics did it for me…. She told me that the most difficult part is to remove the torx bolts that hold the standard air filter box. You remove the filter and will find these two torx bolts at the bottom corners of the front cover.

CatGarageFiltre9.JPG

vette 747,

We need the name, address, and phone number of that shop and technician.

I'm also thinking of getting the K&N Twin Flow or the Blackwing. My concern isn't the installation, but if I will have codes thrown afterwards. Am I concerned over nothing????

Sorry LaMagred, didn't mean to hijack your post.

Chris

I'm also thinking of getting the K&N Twin Flow or the Blackwing. My concern isn't the installation, but if I will have codes thrown afterwards. Am I concerned over nothing????

Sorry LaMagred, didn't mean to hijack your post.

Chris

According to the K+N site, there should be no codes....we'll see....:beer

I had the Blackwing put in, no codes. The guy said the system would adjust to the new parameters in about 40 miles with no intervention from me. Guess it worked :)

I had the Blackwing put in, no codes. The guy said the system would adjust to the new parameters in about 40 miles with no intervention from me. Guess it worked :)

what did he charge to install?

I have the K&N Fuel Injection Performance Kit. If you can turn a wrench, you can install any of them!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom