Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Keeping the dash and interior vinyl looking new...

Gray Goose

Corvette
2009 Cyber Gray Z06 w/chrome whls & Nav
I've had my 09 for two years now and I am beginning to see a slight chalky residue on the dash. I have only been wiping it down with a damp micro-fiber rag. Does anyone have a process and/or product to bring this back to a new car look? I really want to avoid that tacky ArmorAll shine that the used car lots use. I'm open to any suggestions.

Below is the reply that I received directly from customer feedback @ Bowling Green regarding this issue. I have the same that happening to my 2007.

Dear Mr. Beranek,

We have heard of this and after some research, it appears to be the natural salts coming out of the leather/vinyl materials. Using the distilled water is fine but may I suggest Murphy's Oil Soap as the cleaning agent. It has just enough moisturizers but it cleans the residue off as well. You should never use any tap or chlorinated water as this could increase the undesired effect. They also noticed when trying to root cause this concern that vehicles stored near pools or hot tubes really showed the film.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Lynn Herron
Customer Contact Manager

I have not looked for or tried the Murphey's Oil Soap yet. I will be taking it out of winter storage soon and will be trying it soon. Good Luck.

Lynn, thanks for the tip on the Murphys Oil Soap. Lets see if anyone else has any other ideas as well.

If you are looking for an alternative to Armor All, try 303 Protectant. You can get this at most marine or camping equipment places. I got this tip from Jane Ann here and it really work great with none of that oily sheen of Armor All.

Ron
"Baldie88"

Been useing Murphy's for years!~!!:thumb:thumb:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom