Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Keeping your Vette Clean

lenn777

Corvette
2005 C6 Red Coupe
What do you use to keep your vette clean? I don't want to use any kind of cleaner or towel because I don't want to scratch the finish.

Theres a vast detail section you might want to look at.Your about to get a hundred options. Zano might work best on red. I don't use it but on darker colors it seems to look the best.

?????????????????????

I am sure a lot of your fellow anal :boogie vette lovers will chime in.

Keep it covered even if you garage it. Don't take it out unless there is a 100% chance of no rain. Keep a Calif duster handy.

Use the Zaino system and only hand wash it with micro denier towels and not all of the micro towels are created equal;shrug . Again somebody will chime in with the best ones to buy.

Clean it often.

Good luck sharp machine

Alan:beer

All this talk about cleaning and no mention of the "MR. CLEAN" Auto Dry kit!! :eyerole

http://www.homemadesimple.com/en_US/mrclean/home.do

About $20 at WalMart or Target or any auto store..and replacement filters are about $7)

I use this all the time with fantastic results on my Monterey Red Coupe.

The 'gun like' spray handle allows you the option of both washing/spraying with soap (I use a clean cotton wash glove to wipe) and rinsing with a filter.

Absolutley spot free rinse!! Towel drying is not needed. I use a good chamois for the door jams, hatch and engine hood edges...thats it!

Looks great when dry..:D

I leave mine garaged and covered. One day I will take it out for a drive. :)

I use turtle wax Zip wax wash and then when I wax it I use the clay bar system and then use megs gold class wax. Check the car car section of the board there is tons of tips there

Recently switched over to Adams products. Easy to use and the results are awesome.:)

IMG_0446.jpg

Hello 2002fb,

Do you have a full name for Adams and maybe an Internet site for them?

I just picked a new black 2007 coupe and need advice.

Thanks.

As a group we are sooo anal !!!!!!!!!!

The best way to keep a vette clean is keep it in a garage covered period. But for the rest of us all that our vette needs is a good wax and microdenier towels.

But it is known that some products work better on some colors better then other.

alan:beer

2002fb,

Thanks. I'll check it out.

Peter

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom