Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ken

topless82vette

Corvette
1982 convertible (not factory) stock 350cfi auto
ken

are you looking for a speed density harness & ecm, I'm going to sell mine and just go ahead and install the mass air harness and ecm, my whole harness and ecm have about 8 hours of time on them, harness was made to fit a F-body, and is a emmisions harness with vats delete on the prom

Jeff

Doh! :duh

I just dropped-off a brand-new harness, MAP sensor, and knock sensor at my mechanic's shop yesterday. :cry

Thanks for the offer though, I really DO appreciate you thinking of me. :upthumbs

_ken :w

anytime ken, well guess the vette is goin to get a tpi system put on it, but before I do it I'm thinking maybe its a good idea to measure the vacuum prior to commiting to the speed density tpi, whats you opinion as to how the stock 350 will run with 305 injectors, and if this is the stock cam you think it should be compatible with the tpi

Assuming you are running the stock cam, heads and other engine internals, change the 305 injectors to the higher capacity 350 (22 lbs./hour) injectors and switch to a 350 style chip in the computer.

An alternative is to replace the stock, non-adjustable fuel pressure regulator with an aftermarket "adjustable" regulator, turn up the fuel pressure to 50 psi and use the 305 injectors.

Make sure you use an electric fuel pump and a fuel filter that can provide the increased fuel pressure and volume required.

_ken :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom