Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ken's Engine Project... Part IV - 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ken said:
When I got home today from Ruby's, as I started to put it in the garage I decided to check the roll-control device to make sure it was working properly. I pumped the brakes up, bumped the revs up a little, and then dumped the clutch and smoked the E/T Streets for a few feet. Man, that felt good. I can't wait until I can get it on a dyno again. :bu

_ken :w

Cleanses the soul. :D

Seriously Ken. All you need to do is get here. I've already clued Chris in that we may have a guest during Cruise-Fest. I hope the west coast guys start to think about a caravan to Cruise-Fest. That would be more fun that you could imagine. If someone could follow along with a trailer just in case somebody broke that would take the pressure off for others too.

Tom

I'll tell you what Tom, about the only way I'd drive this beast across country is if there was someone in the passenger seat to share in the pleasure/pain of it all. :D/:(

This is not your daily driver anymore. ;)

I can't wait until I can get it on a dyno again.

We are planning on having a Dyno run at
Cruise fest as soon as the prices for all the events are sorted we will have a registration form people can send in.

Perhaps if we get enough interest we can have a trophy for most HP

Craig sr.

A reprieve, sorta...

Well, I received my registration renewal form today, and it looks like I've got at least another year before I have to smog it again. So, if I can ever get this thing to stop dripping, maybe I can start driving. :Steer

I've pretty much determined that it is the transmission that is causing the leak. Now I've gotta drop the trans and check the front bearing retainer - the only place from which it could be leaking.

Trouble is, I know that I know I can't do this myself this time. I hurt so bad after putting it back together the last time that I know my body won't be able to take it again. So now I've gotta come up with some cash to pay someone to help me. :eyerole

_ken

Re: A reprieve, sorta...

Ken said:
Well, I received my registration renewal form today, and it looks like I've got at least another year before I have to smog it again. So, if I can ever get this thing to stop dripping, maybe I can start driving. :Steer

That is GREAT news!

I've pretty much determined that it is the transmission that is causing the leak. Now I've gotta drop the trans and check the front bearing retainer - the only place from which it could be leaking.

Hey...I had to pull the trans from Killer half a dozen times before I got all the details ironed out....you are just about to catch up with me!

Trouble is, I know that I know I can't do this myself this time. I hurt so bad after putting it back together the last time that I know my body won't be able to take it again. So now I've gotta come up with some cash to pay someone to help me. :eyerole

_ken

Boy do I know the feeling. Sitting here with my arm in the sling. Just saw the doc today, and he said I have to keep the sling for TWO MORE WEEKS! I can at least start moving it around a little different, but no full use. My elbow has all but locked up, and it hurts as bad as anything due to lack of use!!!!!!! (talk about elbow grease).

Here is my question for you.................

How do you eat an Elephant????

I ain't gonna fall for that one Chris! :L

I'm gonna hijack my own thread!
Elephant jokes? You probably wouldn't believe that there would really be a page of elephant jokes on a church web site. Right? Well, doubt not. There are stranger things in God's world.

Fr. Sean claims that, after the preaching of the Gospel, the elephant joke is the highest form of communication devised by humanity. Since he is a priest, and since he is the only one with the passwords to update this website, we decided to humor him and let him have a page of elephant jokes. What can it hurt? But before you read the jokes, you have to put up with a sermon on the subject by him. Be patient. It is a very short sermon. The jokes are worth it. Or not. It probably depends on whether you like stupid elephant jokes (the jokes, not the elephants). And when you are done, you can explore the rest of this site.

There are two types of joke which are called "elephant jokes": the elephant joke proper, and the joke which merely drags a poor elephant in by its tail against its wishes, generally because it is very big and for no other reason. Many jokes of the latter sort involve sexual themes and are often just not very funny. Proper elephant jokes, however, are of a different sort altogether. The elephants do not have to be dragged in, kicking and screaming, but they cooperate nicely because it suits their natural sense of humor. A true elephant joke does not depend on the size of the elephant for its laughs, but rather on a completely different logic which demands that the hearer either submit to the peculiar rules of the world of elephant jokes, or suffer the consequences of not "getting it". True elephant jokes are, therefore, very much like the Gospel itself. When judged by the normal rules of earthly logic, it makes no sense at all. Only the one who is willing to submerge him- or herself in it completely, who can experience and accept its totally alien assumptions about reality, is really going to get the fullness of the humor, the wisdom, and the splendor of the Good News of our redemption. Same with elephant jokes.
Why do elephants wear blue tennis shoes?
Because the white ones always get dirty.

Why do elephants float in the river upside-down?
To keep their blue tennis shoes from getting wet.

How do you get an elephant up an oak tree?
Sit it down on an acorn and wait 50 years.

_ken :w

No, no, no........................

This is good stuff, no hijack.

The answer is:

ONE BITE AT A TIME!!!!!!!!!!

So, you just need to keep plugging away, one bolt at a time!!!!!!

I knew the answer Chris, I was just avoiding it. ;)

Ok... this is beginning to sound like a bad Johnny Cash song now.

"He fixed it one bolt at a time,
didn't cost CAC a dime..."

Oops, gotta run. My agent's on the line...
[RICHR]

Hi 'Ya Ken & Chris, and Everybody else !

Ken, man you gotta just keep putting one foot, ( or wrench ) ahead at a time. Please don't stop just short of your fulfillment of a two year odyssey. When I first found the CAC your engine thread was the first one that I found ! Also, even though it looks like I won't be able to make our innaugural CAC cruise in, I will still try to enjoy the fellowship and pleasure of our cars thru this site. If for no other reason, just remember something I posted in one of your earlier engine threads. You will know it when you see it again, and everytime I light the tires on my 'vette before I put her in storage, my feelings are right there with yours ! Next time you see some guy in a wheel chair, who might be thinking to himself, just think, man, what would it be like to kick a car like that silver 'vette hard thru the gears. There's your answer my friend.

:pat
Steve.

I get it Steve - Life is just an elephant joke! ;LOL

Can't leak if there ain't any lube in it!

It was a nice day for a cruise, so...

Im jealous, my wife took the insurance off last weekend now all I can do is start it up every once in a while.
Craig sr

Well Ken, it's19 here right now with heavy frost on everything this morning. The nice thing is that it is going to be sunny today and there is no snow on the ground. Supposed to be a real cooker today getting all the way up to 31. I guess I'll just turn up the furnace to 70 in the shop and work on the engine. I need to get an atrificial palm for the shop. That would be a nice touch.

Tom:)

nyernga said:
hey Rich. Don't let "dahawiianpunch" see that can of pineapples. You know how he gets about mods to his car.....;LOL;LOL

ROTFL!

Argh! My car is channeling the spirit of Carmen Miranda!

"Carmen Miranda's ghost is haunting,
cylinder three" - obscure reference joke for any filk-minded folks here

The truth is that I needed something to catch the antifreeze as I removed the driver's side head bolts (can't easily get the drain plug out because that's where the oil cooler line attaches). And we happened to have pineapple at dinner that night. So... I wonder what Mr. Punch would do with it... :)
[RICHR]

rrubel said:
Very jealous... here's my car...

engine.jpg

As you can see, a long way to go...
[RICHR]

Think you have a long way to go???

Here is a LONG WAY TO GO:

IM003653b.jpg

IM003660b.jpg

IM003665b.jpg

Dang. I can't find the "jaw dropping" smilie. Outlaw, are you doing a "One Piece at a Time" thing or something? I mean, that's NOT a Vette. It's a dream that hasn't quite left the chalkboard yet. Or something like that. What happened???
[RICHR]

51/95

Ken, I’ve gone through the same trial and tribulations you have. I too wanted a Hot Rod. I have a 1951 5 window Chevy Pick-Up that now has a 1995 Corvette LT1 engine and overdrive transmission in it. I’ve put all the electronics behind the seat in the cab. That ment custom building a wiring harness for it. Two years and a lot of good times and I’m about 85% complete. Runs like a dream and with a little weight in the back will scoot along just fine. If I ever learn how to post pictures I’ll put them here. BamaJohn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom