Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Kerbeck Chevrolet

I bought a 96 Collector Edition LT4 convertible from them. They took it in on a trade from the person that bought it new in 96 from them. It had 33,000 miles on it. I talked with Kristen and got all the info on the car from her. My son and I flew to Philly and they sent a guy to pick us up. Got over To their store in Atlantic City, car was perfect just as advertised. We drove it 15 straight hours back to Birmingham, Al about 900 miles with no problems. I bought it last Dec so I have had it a year and put 10,000 miles on it with NO problems.

I would buy from them again if they had the car I wanted. If your wanting a new one I would talk to Rick Daniels at Maxie Price first. I thnk he could probably get you the best price on a new corvette.

Rodney

Two years in a row just after Carlisle ('99 + '00) I was excited enough to call them. I left several messages both years (I could only leave a message, they must screen and call back the customers they sense will be easy). I sound sour on them and I guess I am!

I always find their salespeople a bit arrogant at Carlisle and the first time I even took the extra day off to visit their dealership only to be walked by and ignored. In my opinion and with my own experience, there are too many other good dealerships out there to mess with that attitude!

Chuck

Thanks everyone for their response. It looks like the majority of people had decent experiences with Kerbeck. I just dont want to get scewed by some slimy salesman. I am fairly knowledgeable about the C5 so I have a good idea of what to look for. There selection of pre owned vettes seems to be decent.

Thanks everyone for their response. It looks like the majority of people had decent experiences with Kerbeck. I just dont want to get scewed by some slimy salesman. I am fairly knowledgeable about the C5 so I have a good idea of what to look for. There selection of pre owned vettes seems to be decent.

Looking back on each response, I count 3 no go's and 5 ok's. That's not so good a record.

I'll most certainly try Rick Daniel for the next time! I've noticed Rick gives us all the info on discounts, rebates, and lowered interest rates. One of the responses said Kerbec didn't give the correct discount. I think in that instance, Rick was more forthright about it.

Chuck

I would most definitely go to Rick if i was going to buy a new one. However, since i cant afford a new one I was going to look locally for a pre-owned one. This way i can take a look at it personally. I live in NY. Going to Georgia to look at a pre-owned vette is a bit of a pain. If i were closer i would definitely go to Rick for a preowned as well.

You're so right! A used one must be looked at in person before and during the negotiations!

Best of luck and have fun with the process. I mean that on the good side. When you have a good time purchasing, it makes the actual ownership mean so much more.

Chuck

Chuck...

Thanks!!!! A fun time is what I am looking for without the fear of being raped by the salesman. I have been saving for a long time for this and I am really looking forward to driving my very first vette off of the lot. It will be even better if I know I am not be taken in the process.

Thanks!!!!

I bought a used 2000 convertable this past June. Harry Boyer was the salesman, there was no pressure. There was also no negotation on the price. I liked the fact that the car is still under factory warranty, it has only 13,000 mi., also since they are a Chevy dealer and sell a lot of Corvettes they should be able to fix it if I have any problems. I would recomend that you take the trip to AC and check them out. Good Luck.:)

NO ****!!!!! Man you can't trust anybody these days!!! I may just save my money a little longer and buy a new one from Rick...with museum delivery!!!!!

Since i only live 5 minutes from there and only work right down the street i stop in every now and then to see what they have,ill be looking for a newer one next year,but i did have one trouble with a salesman last year when i was looking for a trans am,the guy said i couldnt afford it by looking at how young i look,im 33,married twice and had my own gas station and repair shop at 21,so how does he know what i can afford,i was so offended i walked out,went to the nissan place and bought a $34,000 pathfinder Le loaded.But that was only that salesman,so yes id go back to kerbeck again for my new vette next year.

Don't forget that attitudes are many times reflected from management and the salesman's attitude is most often a watered down version. I could tell going in there that arrogance and pre-judgment was in the air.

Hopefully someone has contacted this company and asked them to monitor this.

Chuck

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom