Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

key fob

regalniz

Corvette
94 Polo Green Convertible w/auto
i bought my 94 conv without a "keyless transmitter." ecklers has them for 140 bucks. how will they know they're giving me the right frequency?

Don't know for sure, but most systems have a "learing" cycle that lets you add transmitters if one is lost or damaged.

The owners manual might say. If not, I am sure someone around here knows. Actually, a dealer might be able to tell you how to do it.

Mike

Fob

My 99 has the learning cycle in the DIC, the owners manual tells you how to get into the "fob learning mode". I'm not sure if you can access a learning mode or not on your 94, but I'm sure a good chevy dealer could help you and maybe sell you a fob cheaper than ecklers. Let us know what you find out.
--Drew:w

yes, in the later model C4s with the PKE, you can "teach" the fob the frequency for the car... the owner's manual tells how to do it..

i cannot remember though - it is something like turn the key to on, press "fuel info" twice, hold down "trip odo", extend your right leg, and wave your left hand in the air.... something crazy like that...

oh yeah - rather than purchasing from an aftermarket company, i got my extra remote off of ebay for like 89 dollars... it is in perfect working condition....... just something to think about...

Geof

I would try Jeff Koop at Superior Chevrolet, 800 728-8267. Cheaper than Ecklers. Also e-bay has them on occassion. If you have the owners manual
there are instructions for programming.

You may want to check your local chevy dealer's Corvette Tech... Mine keeps parts that are replaced under warrantee but are still in good shape.... for one reason or another he had about 5 of those key fobs, almost brand new or brand new... he sold me a brand new one for $50.

Additional Key Fob.

Hello All !
I think the most important aspect of the situation is, whether or not your car is equipped with VATS ? If it is, then you need to stop in at a GM dealer with your vette's ignition key, they can take a reading off your key and tell you what your VATS code is. Then I would suggest E-Bay, and buy the proper VATS coded fob there. I bought my extra fob from a guy that always has them on e-bay, floridakeys, I think was his user ID, and he shipped me the proper Vats coded key fob. They are advertised as new, but my was used, albeit it was in excellent shape. I think I paid about $70. for mine. Hope this helps you out.

:w
Steve.

VATS has nothing to do with the key fob. All you have to do is specify Coupe or Convertible. The rest is programmed in, using a sequence you can find in your owners manual.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom