Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Key won't turn in door lock

fla10000

Corvette
1993 Coupe Black
My door key will not turn the lock on the driver's side but works fine on the passenger side. Has anyone run across this problem? Solutions?

i have the same issue. I've had this car for over a year and just noticed. I have a keyless entry,and the other day was the first time i stuck the key in the driver door,to shut off the alarm,went to passenger side and it was ok,i'll try some lock free this weekend and see what happens.

It does work sometimes

It seems that if I insert the key just right it will work. Good idea about lube. PB Blaster coming soon for me.

My door key will not turn the lock on the driver's side but works fine on the passenger side. Has anyone run across this problem? Solutions?

What's the problem - lock MECHANISM, or lock CYLINDER? The mechanism might somehow be binding, preventing the cylinder from turning.

UNlock the door, and see if the key will turn the lock CYLINDER, without the lock MECHANISM working against the lock cylinder.

Sprayed the lock

It didn't matter whether it was locked or not, the key would not turn the cylinder. I used L.C.Wax Alumaslick to lubricate the lock mechinism, the same stuff I use on my hurricane accordian shutters.

It worked. The cylinder turns liquid smooth.

Thanks all.

SOLUTION...HAVE A KEYLESS ENTRY INSTALLED.:upthumbs I DID!:thumb MY KIDS ASKED ME TO UNLOCK THE DOORS SO THEY COULD SUT INSIDE THE CAR. I TOLD THEM TO WAIT I HAVE TO GET THE KEY AND THEY SAID WHY JUST USE THE REMOTE. AND YOU KNOW WHAT I DID THE NEXT DAY? YEP YOU GUESSED IT HAD IT INSTALLED!:upthumbs COST $ 225.00 CAME WITH A VIPER ALARM SYSTEM DON'T REALLY CARE FOR THE ALARM!
GOOD LUCK!:upthumbs:thumb:);):cool PAUL

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom