Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Keyless Entry - wont work.

B

bsmurf1962

I remember having the key in the ignition and I press the hatch
key button on the keyless entry module and I didn't think anything of it.. Its my first vette and still learning these little details.
I went through the manual on the process of programming the module, I did everything and I can't get it to work. How can I test the module to see if its bad. The Light for Passive Entry is on the display stating the it is on from what the manual states.
:duh

I've read some of the other messages on Keyless Entry Put I still can't get..

1994 Vette. LT1

Make sure you hold the button in after the locks cycle for at least 15-20 more seconds. Chuck

Chuck.

IT never cycle's.... I hold the button in for 15/20 sec, and the locks do not cycle.

There's foot note in the tech sheet

Car in park/neutral

E brake ON.....

Do the doors Lock/unlock?

I will dig more on this tonight......

Vig!

VIG..

PARK.
NO E Brake.

How do I test the keyless entry module on my key-ring
I changed the battery and it still doen't work.

I am assuming that the keyless entry was just working, then stopped?

-There are many problems with the dash unit breaking in these cars, so it may be that.

Vettelt193,

Yes it worked fine for about 6 months. The only thing I have done is changed the car battery and I remember sitting in my car with the key in the ignition and I pressed the hatch button to see if the
hatch will open and it didn't maybe that were my problem started.

No one has answered the simply question as to : Testing the keyless-entry module...is the a simple way to test it to see if its working . The Display panel state the keyless enty system is on.

You say you reprogrammed the system after changing the battery. Was the Passive keyless light in the DIC flashing when you brought the FOB into range.
It shud have stopped with the FOB in range. Did that happen?

Does the FOB work? With the system disabled the FOB door button shud open only the pass/door. Does the hatch button work?:w

well, I don't know electronics, so I can't tell you how to test it... The way I would test it is find another vette owner and either program your fob to his car, or his to yours... any vette 93-96 will work

Rabbit,

I didn't know how to tested at that point an time so I don't now if it was blinking. But reading the manual I thought I was doing it right and I still couldn't get the doors to re-cylce, when it say to hold the door button for about 2sec.

I don't know if it works or not I have been pushing the door/hatch button for a while and its doesn't seem to pick it up.

What your saying is if I disable the Keyless enty on the display
The module should work with the pas/door.

Vettelt193

Good Ideal. That maybe what I may have to do ..
I will try the whole process tonight. If i can't get it to work.
I will go with that Ideal.
Thanks.

In order to activate or deactivate the system hold the door button on the FOB for at least 5 seconds. You shud hear & see the locks cycle.. 2 seconds is not enough, apparently.:beer

To: ALL

Thanks you all for your advice...

I will implement the process tonight hopefully I will be succesfull.

Thanks again.

:beer

What do you mean

No E brake....?

In the testing trouble flowchart... it states to have the EMERGENCY BRAKE ON

or it will not pop the hatch ( rear deck )

So I have to go thru the set up procedures ( in the book )

to give you the cliff notes version....

So basically,

You have a key fob with does NOTHING...right?

Vig!

Right ...
I am going to try the procedure again, but this time I will hold the
door button for about 10 sec to see if it work. but I do believe That's what i did the first time.

Also I never seen a statement that saids to put on E Brake.
I read the book 5 or more time. So I must be missing something.

:beer

Reading from the HOLY scriptures

Page 9K ( Shop manual 1993 book 1 )

Psalm 23

Flow chart 2
Can hatch be opened using the console button?

Important: Vehicle needs to be in park or neutral ( auto )...or parking break set.....

So I'm not sure I recieved an answer on the key fob question?

Write down your programming procedure here...

Vig!

Procedure comes from the car manual...which I have try 5 times
maybe the module is bad and I have to get another one.

I will try the process again, but if it doesn't work I will have buy a new one.

Thanks.

Just so you know, i think the Chevy prices on the key fobs are $200+ Also, the in dash units are more notorious for failing than the key fobs... Basically if it doesn't work, it is most likely the main unit in the car, not the fob... did you ever try to get another fob to try on your car? Maybe even your local chevy corvette tech will have some laying around (mine has like 5, and I bought one from him for $25)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom