Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Keyless entry

Gary6586

Corvette
'95 Torch Red Coupe
I just purchased a '95 Torch Red Coupe from a (shudder) new car dealer. It's a very nice car, and I am enjoying it. Although he gladly gave me extra sets of new GM resistor ignition and door keys, he did not have the keyless entry unit. Parts department quoted a price of $150 . . . !!!

I have seen these units for sale on e-Bay. I suspect that they would have to be re-programmed for my particular car. Anyone have experience with this kind of situation?

Thanks in advance -- Gary

Gary6586 said:
I just purchased a '95 Torch Red Coupe from a (shudder) new car dealer. It's a very nice car, and I am enjoying it. Although he gladly gave me extra sets of new GM resistor ignition and door keys, he did not have the keyless entry unit. Parts department quoted a price of $150 . . . !!!

I have seen these units for sale on e-Bay. I suspect that they would have to be re-programmed for my particular car. Anyone have experience with this kind of situation?

Gary,

I purchased an extra key Fob off Ebay this past October. After I received it I replaced the battery and followed the instructions in the owners manual to program it for my vehicle. I have had no problems with the FOB purchased off Ebay. I think I paid about $70.00 to include shipping.

Good Luck and Merry Christmas,

Don

Same here. I think that was about what I paid too

Gary6586 said:

FYI ...I bought my 1993 Torch Red Coupe from a dealer and it came with one key. I asked the salesperson what about the other key and the fob. He said he would work on it. It took 2 days for the extra key but 3 weeks for the fob. The dealer provided it, did not cost me a dime. If it did I would have made a stink as they advertise themselves as the best GM dealer around. I think it should be part of the deal and they should pay for yours. Not like you lost it, it seems they did.

Make sure you get the new style (the case is held together by two screws) they seem to be more durable than the original fobs. I ordered mine online it was under a hundred bucks (shipping included) and easy to program.

Mike

Thanks for the reply. Can you share where you got your fob?

Took my alternator off - burned diodes. So THAT'S the whine I heard, lol.

R/ Gary

Gary6586 said:
Thanks for the reply. Can you share where you got your fob?

Took my alternator off - burned diodes. So THAT'S the whine I heard, lol.

R/ Gary

I really don't remember the company however, there usually new ones for sale on Ebay.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom