Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Kick down setting

doclove

I've tried everything to set the kick down on my 350 to get passing gear, no luck. Everything on you tube that I've seen hasn't worked/ help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've tried everything to set the kick down on my 350 to get passing gear, no luck. Everything on you tube that I've seen hasn't worked/ help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know what videos you've watched, but the process is relatively easy.
It selfie adjusts. Squeeze the locking mechanism and slide the end of the cable all the way in. Open the throttle all the way and it should slide the end of the cable out.

The end goal is that WOT = the cable pulled all the way out. Sometimes it can get stuck and jump a few teeth too far out OR get stuck and not go all the way out.

It may help if you squeeze the lock a little and only move the throttle slowly so that it comes out nice and easy.

Looking around YouTube I see what you mean about a lack of good videos. This one is the opposite of what I described, but is actually pretty simple to follow and should get you where you want to be:
TV Cable Adjustment - YouTube

It has you start with the cable all the way out, squeeze the lock, and the push the cable in while someone holds the throttle wide open.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom