Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: kinks in lighting

hotrod2

Corvette
1985 c4
hi everyone i need to ask, what front side marker bulbs go in the 1985 vette??? not the lil blinker bulb, the big bulb behind it-- 1156- or 1157?? the book doesnt say! i have 1156 in it, it lights up like its suppose to, but dash "turn lights" are both on? like a bulb is out
when i got it, it had a 1157 in it , but its a single pole 2 wire housing , book says its suppose to come on but not blink the front lil one blinks and the front turn signal blinks - normal
so do i put in 1157? or did someone put in the wrong turn relay??

p.s. i put in my new fog lights and they are working fine, headlights and tail and brake lights are all working normally
thanks guys for any input:beer

blinker parking light issues

hi everyone i need to ask, what front side marker bulbs go in the 1985 vette??? not the lil blinker bulb, the big bulb behind it-- 1156- or 1157?? the book doesnt say! i have 1156 in it, it lights up like its suppose to, but dash "turn lights" are both on? like a bulb is out
when i got it, it had a 1157 in it , but its a single pole 2 wire housing , book says its suppose to come on but not blink the front lil one blinks and the front turn signal blinks - normal

p.s. i put in my new fog lights and they are working fine, headlights and tail and brake lights are all working normally

also guys -- the turn signals work great until i turn the head lights on , then they dont blink and both the "signal" dash lights are on, but when the head/park lights are off they work normal
could someone have put in the wrong flasher?
or could someone have put in the wrong head light switch i noticed it has a different knob on it
all bulbs are good and light up, just not like they are suppose to lol

Appears you own a Bubba mobile.
The 1156 is the correct bulb which is a single filament. The 1157 is a dual filament bulb and they are keyed differently.

If you compare the knubs on side of the sockets you will see the difference. Also on the bottom of the base you will notice one contact on the 1156 and two for the 1157.

Have the turn sigals ever worked since you've owned the vehicle?

Are you saying the turn signals work but the two turn signal indicators on the dash stay lit and don't blink?

Did you install any LED bulbs anywhere?

When you turn on the the hazard flashers do all the bulbs blink normally including the two dash cluster turn signal indicators?

The cornering lamps only light when the headlight switch is On and the turn signal is activated. As you said, it does not blink the light comes on solid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Appears you own a Bubba mobile.
The 1156 is the correct bulb which is a single filament. The 1157 is a dual filament bulb and they are keyed differently.

If you compare the knubs on side of the sockets you will see the difference. Also on the bottom of the base you will notice one contact on the 1156 and two for the 1157.

Have the turn sigals ever worked since you've owned the vehicle?

Are you saying the turn signals work but the two turn signal indicators on the dash stay lit and don't blink?

Did you install any LED bulbs anywhere?

When you turn on the the hazard flashers do all the bulbs blink normally including the two dash cluster turn signal indicators?

The cornering lamps only light when the headlight switch is On and the turn signal is activated. As you said, it does not blink the light comes on solid.[/QUOTE

YES I DID PUT IN LED BRAKE LIGHTS AND TURNSIGNALS, AND RUNNING LIGHTS, BUT NOT THE LITTLE TURN SIGNAL BULBS THEY ARE STANDARD, THE SELLER SAID I DIDNT NEED TO DO ANYTHING FOR THESE BULBS TO WORK

YES THE LIGHTS ALL WORK PROPERLY , UNTIL I TURN ON THE HEAD LIGHTS LOL, THEN THE SIGNALS DONT BLINK, AND THE DASH HAS BOTH TURN SIG LIGHTS ON

Obviously the seller is wrong. :L

Yes your problem is because of the LEDs and the way the GM engineers designed the blinker circuit.
You could try this turn signal flasher which does not care what the load of the circuit is.

ff552nlf | eBay

Obviously the seller is wrong. :L

Yes your problem is because of the LEDs and the way the GM engineers designed the blinker circuit.
You could try this turn signal flasher which does not care what the load of the circuit is.

ff552nlf | eBay

thanks i was thinking that at first but dont know , i know oreilly has a led flasher and its close and returnable if problems lol
so ill prolly try that , thanks again

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom