Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Koni Adjustables

kfehling

Corvette
1996 Collector Edition
I am considering getting Koni Sport adjustables all around on my 1996 CE. I would like a better ride during daily driving yet still want to be competitive in SCCA Solo II. These seem like the best choice and value out there. Has anyone used these and what has been your experience? Pros/Cons.

A question> Do you have the FX3 now? Anyone know how the two compare?

MIke

Koni´s

Hi there!
I got 4 adjustable ( yellow ) Koni´s om my -92 Coupe last
summer. I noticed a great difference in handling and firmness.
These are adjustable in 3 steps, i put mine in the "loosest" position and i´m happy with that, i even think they are more comfortable than the stock schocks, without sacrificing handling!

p.s my car has 70000 km on it, and the shocks had never been replaced before. Springs are stock. d.s

:drink

Good luck and best regards!

Micke

Thanks Micke. In response to the previous post, I only have the base, nonadjustable suspension.

So Micke, did the ride quality really improve? The folks at the Tire Rack said it would be a waste of money if my goal was to soften the ride for daily driving yet still be competitive for autocrossing and light track events. :confused That is my goal and the Tire Rack indicated that I should first start with the springs, but I don't want to get that far into it. I guess that I want the best of both worlds.

Another Idea!

Hey, you may want to try "Hal" 12-way externally adjustable (no need to remove shock) shocks from QA1.
http://www.halshocks.com/shocks/vettesuspension.html

Summit sells these, as does Jegs, both for around $139.95 each. Call them on the phone for the correct part# for you Vette.

I do not have them yet, but plan to in the future.

You can soften them for street driving, then turn them stiffer just by turning a knob on the side of the aluminum shock without removing the shock! 12 settings for varying degrees of firmness! You can even adjust front to back or side to side for more fun at the track! (differnt settings at each corner)

Tha HAL shocks sound interesting.
At about the same price are the Edelbrock Performer IAS shocks.
Jegs has them for $120ea for the front and $110ea for the rear.
Has anyone tried these?

Graham

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom